Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Band fall (not hat fall) questions

cityofgold

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:22 pm
I'm considering turning one of my sheitels into a fall.

My questions to fall-owners are:
---Do you find they stay out of your face? That's what I really want.

---When I wear tichels, they cover part of my ear (in order to cover a little more hair). I looked around and most of the fall-wearers I saw weren't covering that part. Is that because it looks stupid to wear a fall like that? Is it uncomfortable? Or is that just how they like it and I can wear a fall how I want to?

I'm not into the pirate look, either--the one with a kerchief tight across the middle of the forehead. I see it all the time but it still looks like a pirate to me. I assume those cover differently than a kerchief higher up or a headband...

Thanks!

mizle10

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:31 pm
People don't cover that part because a) it looks weird with a band and b) then it falls in your face. There's nothing on your forehead but you can't tuck the sides behind your ears and it drives me crazy!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:09 pm
if u want to cover your side burns and ears you will need to look for very wide headbands.

cityofgold

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 2:38 am
Not the whole ear and not all the sideburns but apparently more than looks normal with a fall...
oh well.

I just want something that stays out of my face.

mizle10

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 3:10 am
Do you have a friend or relative who's fall you can try on? Then you can see how much needs to be covered and if you like the feel of it.

cityofgold

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 4:17 am
Good idea--I will ask my friend.

buzz

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 8:48 am
I wear a bandfall with a plain black elastic band, not too thick at all, very average, no pre tied stuff and cover my ears and sideburns and I believe it looks fine..

Dev80

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 12:34 pm
I also cover my ears but not sideburns with the band, I would look weird with my ears sticking out. I kind of think that the way you'd wear your tichel in that aspect is the same you'd wear a headband. Some people look good with ears out some don't.

Some sheital machers allow you to take home a piece and try it (possibly with a down payment), maybe call around and see if there are any that would let you do that so you can see if it is truly as comfortable/out of your face as you're hoping it to be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels