Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Worldwide Tehillim for Gilad Shalit

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:46 pm

Mothers, I beseech you... pray that this son be reunited with his mother, who has suffered with the uncertainty of her boy's fate for two excruciating years. Let him not become another Ron Arad, now missing for 22 years.

I pinned this so it'll stay at the top until the day of the Tehillim. -Crayon210

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:08 pm
Thank you for posting, Yesha.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:46 pm
thanks...

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 12:57 am
Thanks for posting that!

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 10:33 am
thank you, just breaks my heart every time one of their names are mentioned.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 6:59 am
I pray he comes home soon !!!

karen berzon

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 12:03 pm
thanks for the reminder

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 7:13 am
Bumping this up... 50 minutes to go, ladies.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 7:55 am
countdown in minutes!

hila

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 7:57 am
I was about to bump this. 5 minutes to go

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 9:09 am
Whew! I remembered at 6:05.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 9:12 am
I read in the paper online (not that I believe a word) that they are suspending negotiations on behalf of his release Crying

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 5:58 pm
Guess this is, in a way, bumping my other post, on signing up at www.cholimlist.org to say Tehillim for Gilad.

And to anyone reading this who's posted her own request: please know that no responses does not mean no action. I don't actively check out this forum but anytime - anytime! - I see a request for Tehillim I'll stop and say a kapital and try to focus on the name while doing so. I'm sure many, many people do so and I'm equally sure that such efforts yield results that don't always see, but results there are.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 8:51 pm
I think we should all say this again.

Roots

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:08 am
HE IS HOME:)
all our tehillim helped

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:14 am
RutiS wrote:
all our tehillim helped

Yes, and B"H, and recuperated enough to take part in public and rigorous activity such as a biking something I heard. If he's not there yet, may he have a full recovery soon.
Were you just trying to remind us that Hashem answers tefillos in obvious ways?

Merrymom

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:46 am
RutiS wrote:
all our tehillim helped

This thread is from October

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 10:20 am
Yes, the thread is from October, and I'm still writing my thoughts here.

Dear Gilad,
When you were released, some enigmatic words of the Birchas Hachodesh tefilla became clear, and haunt me still. We ask for all sorts of good things, yeshuos... and nechamos. It hit me that sometimes the good things come, but leave us with mixed feelings, and we need consolation.

The catalyst for my joining in tehillim, or signing petitions, or other forms of hishtadlus was an article on an Orthodox news site about your 23rd birthday. One of my children had recently had a 23rd birthday. It hit me like a ton of bricks. You were someone's child (and thank G-d, still are Tongue Out ). So I'm going to speak to you like a mother now.

You haven't been in the news lately. We haven't seen pictures of you biking, or going to a game or anything else. And I'm glad. I hope you've got your privacy and life and bearings back, and have whatever support you need to keep you strong as you reintegrate in the world. I wish you all the happiness in the world. True happiness is going to come from doing something meaningful. I'm not going to dictate or tell you what you to do. Just remember, as you get busy, in your professional and personal lives, that if you ever wonder, is there more? yes, yes, there is more. Find ways to contribute meaningfully, effecting real people and their lives. Look for the substance, and rejoice when you find it. Surround yourself with people whose presence, to paraphrase a wonderful line I heard yesterday, bring joy to people in this world, not serve as their tickets to a hallowed place in the next. Be one of those yourself.

And do write home some time Wink

Gotta go decorate the succah. Lehitraot.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 9:02 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Yes, the thread is from October, and I'm still writing my thoughts here.

Dear Gilad,
When you were released, some enigmatic words of the Birchas Hachodesh tefilla became clear, and haunt me still. We ask for all sorts of good things, yeshuos... and nechamos. It hit me that sometimes the good things come, but leave us with mixed feelings, and we need consolation.

The catalyst for my joining in tehillim, or signing petitions, or other forms of hishtadlus was an article on an Orthodox news site about your 23rd birthday. One of my children had recently had a 23rd birthday. It hit me like a ton of bricks. You were someone's child (and thank G-d, still are Tongue Out ). So I'm going to speak to you like a mother now.

You haven't been in the news lately. We haven't seen pictures of you biking, or going to a game or anything else. And I'm glad. I hope you've got your privacy and life and bearings back, and have whatever support you need to keep you strong as you reintegrate in the world. I wish you all the happiness in the world. True happiness is going to come from doing something meaningful. I'm not going to dictate or tell you what you to do. Just remember, as you get busy, in your professional and personal lives, that if you ever wonder, is there more? yes, yes, there is more. Find ways to contribute meaningfully, effecting real people and their lives. Look for the substance, and rejoice when you find it. Surround yourself with people whose presence, to paraphrase a wonderful line I heard yesterday, bring joy to people in this world, not serve as their tickets to a hallowed place in the next. Be one of those yourself.

And do write home some time Wink

Gotta go decorate the succah. Lehitraot.

Funny, he's been in my thoughts recently too. I went on the Israeli news sites to try to find out anything I could. The only thing I could find is that the Palestinians are rioting because he's been offered a free soccer ticket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed