Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Inexpensive Jewish videos

Teacup9

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 1:06 pm
I find Jewish videos to be so hard to afford. I know there is that website that rents them for one or two days, but that can certainly add up and the ones in stores seem to be $20 each. How can I get some down time without spending so much and without showing the more secular kids stuff I find online?

octopus

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 1:08 pm
inexpensive jewish videos?

sounds like an oxymoron, unfortunately.

bigsis144

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 1:18 pm
Wait for sales? I know Mostly Music has occasional sales when prices go down by 25% or so... it would still be $15-$20 a video, but at least it's not $30...

Do you have a Jewish library? The school I teach at in New Jersey has a small library with one shelf dedicated to DVDs. They've got lots of the women's films and plays like the Beit Shemesh productions (We've Got Annie, Once Upon A Princess, etc.), the Kol Neshama films (A Light for Greytowers, The Heart that Sings, the Camp Bnos Yisrael series) and the NY N'shei stuff, as well as kiddie videos like Agent Emes, Uncle Moishy, etc. There is a yearly membership fee, but it comes out waaay cheaper than buying them.

zigi

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 10:30 pm
if you have a vhs player sameach has videos for 3.79.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics