Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Weekly Challah for GERSHON NESANEL ben NECHAMA GITTEL

friedmana1

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 2:11 pm
My husband’s best friend, Gershon Nesanel ben Nechama Gittel , the 40 year old husband and father of three children under age of 5, was recently diagnosed with cancer and is finally going to start chemotherapy in the beginning of next week.

I’ve started a weekly challah campaign, trying to gather as many people as possible baking challah with a bracha (at least 14 cups of flour), in the zechus (merit) of Gershon's complete refuah shlaima (recovery).

If you are able to bake this week, please email challahforgershon@yahoo.com with your name or post here. Also, let me know if you would like to be put on a list to receive weekly email reminders.

SOME NOTES:

-While one is obligated to "separate challah" any time during the week, there is a special power to the mitzvah when it is done on Erev Shabbos (from sundown Thursday night until Friday before shabbos).

-Please daven for Gershon Nesanel ben Nechama Gittel while kneading the dough and/or around the time that you are making the bracha.

-According to my Rabbi, one may bake challah with more than one person in mind for a refuah shlaima, as long as the person baking can have proper kavana (intention) for each individual.

.May we all have the merit to have Hashem answer all of our prayers, completely and speedily.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Aimee
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed