Home

Raw foods only, anyone here do that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

shabbatiscoming

Post Posted: Thu, May 31 2012, 1:33 pm       Post subject: Raw foods only, anyone here do that?
I watched something the other day about some people (it happened to be in Britain) who do not eat anything cooked, so they mostly eat seeds of many kinds and all kinds of veggies. Not even all fruits because it is too full of sugars.

So, my questions are:
1. Does anyone here live and eat this way? Because it does become a way of life and
2. Would you change your eating habits to do this if you thought that it was a better way of getting all the proper nutrients? Im not sold on the idea at all, but was just wondering about if anyone here eats this way.

amother

Post Posted: Thu, May 31 2012, 2:20 pm       Post subject: re: Raw foods only, anyone here do that?
Yes, I do. But I still think it is extreme. There are lots more people who eat 70-80% this way and have some cooked grains, veggies and protein, which is mentally much more healthy imho.

mvp

Post Posted: Thu, May 31 2012, 2:57 pm       Post subject: re: Raw foods only, anyone here do that?
If you looking for natural, this is definitely not the natural way for humans to eat. I believe that the original way - is the intended way when it comes to the human diet. Meats and whole grains are natural for humans - this is basically across all cultures and all times.

It would be very hard to get all the nutrients out of a diet like this.
Sugar, when consumed together with all the fiber contained in fruit (not fruit juice!) is not something most of us should be worried about. Fruits contain vitamines that are essential to us. Supplements are only 2nd best.

There is importance in eating a variety of foods, and importance in food tasting good.

Also, a very big concept in Chinese Traditional medicine that our bodies, being a warm environment do not like cold raw foods, and such food actually puts extra stress on the digestive system, and in excess can bring harm. Warm, cooked food on the other hand is therapeutic.

Balance is the golden rule.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Page 1 of 1