Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Sesame oil

iluvfood

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 7:50 am
where can I buy sesame oil in jerusalem

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 8:19 am
Plain? Toasted? For sure in one of the health food stores. In my area (not Jlm) I can get toasted at many regular supermarkets.

ewa-jo

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 8:27 am
I know you can find it at Rami Levy and Mr.Zol, but I also think at other supermarkets. Just look in the section were they have Asian foods (usually near pasta and soups). It's pretty common stuff.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 9:14 am
ewa-jo wrote:
I know you can find it at Rami Levy and Mr.Zol, but I also think at other supermarkets. Just look in the section were they have Asian foods (usually near pasta and soups). It's pretty common stuff.
They have untoasted sesame oils in the supermarkets by you?

tizunabi

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:14 am
Tamiri wrote:
ewa-jo wrote:

I don't know about the supermarkets by us, but in the health store anise down the block from the supermarket, yes.

ewa-jo

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:26 am
Tamiri wrote:
ewa-jo wrote:

I have a bottle right here of "Pure sesame oil" The brand name is "Mizrach v'Maarav" and has a red chinese (?) character on the front.

It says "shemen sumsum tahor v'lo ____ (mem, zayin, vav, kaf, khaf, vav)... some hebrew word I don't know.

The hechsher is badatz chug chatam sofer

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:42 am
מזוכך? That means refined. I don't think I've seen regular sesame oil in the supermarkets, only in the health food stores.... Mine is מזוכך and קלוי and is under the supervision of the KSA.

amother

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 3:07 pm
They sell it in every super market. And I'm from Be'er Sheva so if they have it here then they definitely have it by you. Check a)by the oils b)by the soy sauces
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions