Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teacher's Appreciation Gifts

chabadnikit

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:23 pm
Looking for end of the year gift ideas that are affordable but something that the teachers will appreciate.

graphixmom

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:25 pm
www.not2shabbey.com

I got an adorable supplies box with the teachers name on it last year. the teacher loved it! so I ordered again for my son's teacher this year.

cm

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 9:33 pm
Cash (or gift card for a store that has everything, or a mall card). I'm not a teacher, but I've heard time and time again that they have all the mugs and tchotchkes that they could ever need or want.

How about taking up a collection from all the families in the class? The teachers will never know if one person gave more or less than another.

Be sure to include handmade cards from the children. Teachers seem to appreciate this the most.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 5:05 am
one of the parents in ones kid class is doing a collection and buying a gift voucher. Personally, I like the idea that each kid gives an individual gift, since it teaches hakoros hatov. However, if you do go the communal route, make sure your kid writes a nice thank you note.

I have done:
nice costume jewellery
gift cards for various shops
some nice kitchen items (a pepper mill) - this was when I forgot and found myself in the 24 hour supermarket the night before and this was all I could find.
good quality bath soaps - I prefer to get one or two bottles of nice bubble bath then those gimmicky baskets.

Gift cards are pretty failsafe but can end up more expensive. No one wants to give a $5 gift card but you can get a nice looking gift for that.

rikki!

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 8:20 am
With a gift card you can't go wrong!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 9:59 am
As someone that was on the recieving end, I can tell you that a nice card meant more than the gift. If you already gave something chanukah or purim then now you don't really have to give much. The chachkes are nice but when you get too many.....

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:35 pm
Do people typically get the in-home playgroup morah a present (3 yr olds, just 4 hrs a day)?

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:50 pm
yes they seem to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics