Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Sister Wives - the show
Previous  1  2

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 4:30 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:
bluebird wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:
There is one more episode left in this season. They are moving to Las Vegas. I still am confused as to why they davka chose Nevada?
I also wondered about why davka nevada. I would have thought that they would move some place where there was a church or a community or them to be a part of. Very sad.

There is actually a large population of Mormons in Nevada, including in Las Vegas. There were a lot of Mormon colonies there in the 1800's. I believe there are pockets of polygamists even though it's grounds for excommunication from the mainline church.

If you watch this season though, one thing you see is that they don't really have any sort of "community" in Las Vegas and don't even have a church to go to.

But yes, Robin had a baby boy last week! They named him Solomon.
HUH? I am watching it on line and they only just announced that she was pregnant. Wow and now she had a baby. That was fast Smile

oops....well in the US the new season began a few weeks (months?) ago....and I follow the show on FB, so of course I got the update when she delivered...sorry to spoil it for you!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 4:35 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:
bluebird wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:
There is one more episode left in this season. They are moving to Las Vegas. I still am confused as to why they davka chose Nevada?
I also wondered about why davka nevada. I would have thought that they would move some place where there was a church or a community or them to be a part of. Very sad.

There is actually a large population of Mormons in Nevada, including in Las Vegas. There were a lot of Mormon colonies there in the 1800's. I believe there are pockets of polygamists even though it's grounds for excommunication from the mainline church.

If you watch this season though, one thing you see is that they don't really have any sort of "community" in Las Vegas and don't even have a church to go to.

But yes, Robin had a baby boy last week! They named him Solomon.
HUH? I am watching it on line and they only just announced that she was pregnant. Wow and now she had a baby. That was fast Smile

oops....well in the US the new season began a few weeks (months?) ago....and I follow the show on FB, so of course I got the update when she delivered...sorry to spoil it for you!
nah, no problem Smile they announced that it was going to be a boy.

deech007

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 9:07 pm
were can I watch the show online no tv

shosh

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 7:47 am
Er... hello, who might you be?????

imamiri

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:21 pm
I like the show. Not a fan of Cody though. But overall they seem like good people. I'm not really sure why polygamy is illegal when it is perfectly legal to go have children with as many people as you want (I mean secular law wise). At least in cases where all parties are consenting adults I cannot see what the problem is.

My only guess would be that the logistical nightmare of having to pay pensions or SSI to multiple souses, or issues of family maintenance/alimony in cases of divorce.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:24 pm
Does anyone know if the show is now over or is there more after the baby was born? It ended in a way that was sort of wow.

imamiri

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:35 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Does anyone know if the show is now over or is there more after the baby was born? It ended in a way that was sort of wow.

I'm not sure. I know being public about their lives has caused them many problems. Sad

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 2:23 pm
Im bumping up this thread as I just found out that there have already been at least 6 episodes to a new season of this show, just in case anyone was interested Smile

Happy watching :-D

cindy324

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:30 pm
LOVE the show!!

I don't really feel that Cody's arrogant, he's gait and hair , like the other poster said, do get on my nerves, too lol!

I am simply fascinated by their lifestyle. I cannot comprehend how a woman shares her husband with, never mind another woman, but 3 other women!!

Maybe that is why Christine is my favorite wife, she's real and feels jealous, exactly the way a normal woman should feel about someone who is sleeping with her husband.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics