Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
A female plumber/electrician vs a male one...
Previous  1  2  3

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:33 am
'when you need the strength of a man with the detail of a woman'

I think you know my answer is a resounding yes Yes ~ considering I'm a handyWOman

& yes the most degrading thing is not to get down & dirty ~ but rather when people would rather pay the non-jew or the male when I'm a struggling single mother who pays attention to detail Banging head

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:41 am
Personally, I would have no problem hiring someone who knew what she was doing, but I would never want to become one and need to be in some interesting and not so modest positions in someone else's home, potentially with men around. That is my personal feeling.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 10:45 am
I agree with greenfire. Women in general have a nicer touch. I would hire the woman in a heartbeat.

As it is, whenever we need to do small electrical/plumbing work in the house, my dh does it while I guide him step by step. Call it a women's sixth sense? Then I have to make him feel like he did this great job all on his own!

abound

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:10 am
DrMom wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm just trying to picture what you will wear as a female plumber and especially with those black greasy hands.
maybe someone should start a woman's line of clothing for these rough jobs.

good luck

There is plenty of women's clothing suitable for rough jobs.

To start most of Boro Park looks like they may be wearing it: just change the straight skirt to a slinky black skirt, black t-shirt, black sneakers a black bandanna- your on!! LOL

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
I'm just trying to picture what you will wear as a female plumber and especially with those black greasy hands.
maybe someone should start a woman's line of clothing for these rough jobs.

good luck
I am the OP. I would without a doubt in my mind wear a skirt with pants or shorts underneath and then if the circumstance arises I would take off my skirt. I have no problem with that. Meaning, if I was, for some reason, ankle or knee deep in something other than water, I would remove my skirt. I dont even have to thing about it.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:23 am
rikki! wrote:
hmm.. That is one interesting job for women! the thread title made me smile. Not that I have anything against it, it's just that I've never heard of any female plumbers. but who knows maybe people will appreciate it bc of yichud issues and it'll turn out great for you.

But, we'll all know who you are since you'll most probably be the only one:)

Lots of hatzlacha!
But you have no idea what country I live in :-D so I think my anonymity is pretty safe :-D

willow

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 12:05 pm
If she had a good reputation no problem at all. In terms of cleaning ladies I don't find it a demeaning job at all. I don't feel demeaned cleaning my toilets I like cleaning.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 1:26 pm
I have a friend who is a master plumber. She is great at her work. Her truck has been personally painted: its a faucet with flowers coming out of it. And the words "I fix what your husband repaired"

eatingbagels

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:12 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I have a friend who is a master plumber. She is great at her work. Her truck has been personally painted: its a faucet with flowers coming out of it. And the words "I fix what your husband repaired"

Love it!! LOL LOL
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics