Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gifts for preschool teachers

Chippies

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:12 am
My son (who is 3 years old) has 3 morahs this year and they have all been wonderful. What is an appropriate gift for each morah? Also, the lead morah has been especially helpful to my son during a difficult time, so would it be proper to give her a slightly better gift than the two assistants, or should everyone get the same gift?

baker1

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:41 am
Hi! I am a preschool morah so maybe I can help. I really appreciate any gift that someone gives but I like the best a gift certificate to a store. That way I can choose which item I would like to purchase and maybe even add some money to it. I love judaica stores, linen stores or even a department store.

I also think it would be appropriate to give the lead teacher more money/ bigger gift. They work the hardest! (prep. at home, dealing with issues after school hours...)

I really think whatever you give it will be appreciated!

Chippies

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 12:00 pm
How much is typical to give?

sky

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 12:15 pm
I'm not a Morah but I have been told by Morahs that they'd while all gifts are appreciated they do appreciate a gift certificate or cash best. One person I spoke to said she has a crystal store in her house. Because many parents buy her a crystal piece ($10 or less) over the years she has amassed a lot of them.
For a morah with one assistant I typically give $18 to the morah and $10 to the assistant.
It happens to be one of my sons had an amazing assistant this year, and she will be there again next year when my daughter is there, so I may end up giving more to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics