Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What kind of person can diagnose diastasis recti?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 12:15 pm
I am moderately thin with a disproportionate stomach that I'm always doing my best to hide. Oftentimes when shopping I find great clothing that is my price range, my color, a good fabric, my style, my tznius level, but it makes my stomach stick out, so I have to put it back on the rack.

There were some posts about diastasis recti last week here, so I googled it and tried to test myself to see if I have it. I just felt flab with some random bumps under the flab! What kind of person could diagnose me? An exercise therapist? Is there such a thing as an exercise therapist?

If there are just a few exercises I need to do (transverse abdominal, I'm reading) then I'd really want to understand how this works!

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 12:18 pm
Maryland Baltimore Tami Huber
Email: Thuber32@gmail.com

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 12:23 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Maryland Baltimore Tami Huber
Email: Thuber32@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 12:34 pm
the book from this website is very good for diagnosing (and no doubt treating if you actually do the exercises)

its pretty easy to figure out if you have one.

http://www.diastasisrehab.com/

SS6099

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:29 am
Good luck if you have it. I have it pretty bad Sad

sunshine!

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:43 am
A chiropractor can typically diagnose it.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 1:55 pm
Amazingly, there was a class in Baltimore last night from that link posted by Anonomrs (Thank you!!!), and I went to it! (This is the only class on the Tuppler method on the East Coast right now!)

I have a 3" separation. I am so excited about healing it because I always thought that I just had those last 10 lbs. of flab on my stomach that would not go away unless I would lose 10 more lbs, and I don't really want to lose weight from anywhere else. And every time I do lose weight my face and arms get thinner, but I don't need them to get thinner! And crunches and pilates ab workouts helped me feel stronger and tone my arms and legs, but not my stomach.

There are 2 sets of exercises that I must do daily- 100 reps each time! But they're kind of like kegels, you can do them anywhere without any preparation and no need to change into workout clothes, break a sweat, and shower afterwards, which is a huge time saver:)

And I bought a splint, weirdly enough. (Weird to me!) You can see it here http://www.diastasisrehab.com/.....id=55 and I surprisingly managed to sleep in it last night.

Tami also showed us how to bend correctly, get into and out of bed correctly, change positions from sitting to standing and vice versa, sneeze, cough, etc. And NO crunches or planks allowed until it's healed, and even then most women will open up their distasis by doing those types of exercises. That was a real paradigm shift for me - I always thought crunches and planks are good for abs!

The very challenging part for me is picking things up from the floor correctly. I think I'm going to have lots of toys and trash on my floors for the next few weeks!

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 2:19 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Amazingly, there was a class in Baltimore last night from that link posted by Anonomrs (Thank you!!!), and I went to it! (This is the only class on the Tuppler method on the East Coast right now!)

I have a 3" separation. I am so excited about healing it because I always thought that I just had those last 10 lbs. of flab on my stomach that would not go away unless I would lose 10 more lbs, and I don't really want to lose weight from anywhere else. And every time I do lose weight my face and arms get thinner, but I don't need them to get thinner! And crunches and pilates ab workouts helped me feel stronger and tone my arms and legs, but not my stomach.

There are 2 sets of exercises that I must do daily- 100 reps each time! But they're kind of like kegels, you can do them anywhere without any preparation and no need to change into workout clothes, break a sweat, and shower afterwards, which is a huge time saver:)

And I bought a splint, weirdly enough. (Weird to me!) You can see it here http://www.diastasisrehab.com/.....id=55 and I surprisingly managed to sleep in it last night.

Tami also showed us how to bend correctly, get into and out of bed correctly, change positions from sitting to standing and vice versa, sneeze, cough, etc. And NO crunches or planks allowed until it's healed, and even then most women will open up their distasis by doing those types of exercises. That was a real paradigm shift for me - I always thought crunches and planks are good for abs!

The very challenging part for me is picking things up from the floor correctly. I think I'm going to have lots of toys and trash on my floors for the next few weeks!

I'm so glad it worked out! Hope you are able to heal your diastasis and get a flat tummy Smile.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise