Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Monsey in 6 weeks while husband learns...things to do??

emunahdoj

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:28 pm
Hi,

I am going to be in Monsey for 6 weeks ...my husband will be learning at Ohr Someyach. Can anyone tell me of exercise classes, shiurim, things to do in Monsey? Or is there a forumn or e-mail list I can be apart of to receive information on shiurim, exercise classes, community events, etc?

I would really appreciate any feedback and suggestions because I am not familiar with the area and am trying to look for things to keep me busy.

Thank you!

Leah

abby1776

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:42 pm
Try getting a copy of the Community Connections its an advertising magazine with ads for different things.
There is a gym Lifeplex, tht I think may have separate hours.
I think there are separate swimming hours at the Rockland Community College pool - there are summer classes you can take at Rockland Community College.
Finklestein Library is amazing with a huge collection of English judaic books - every Feldhiem, Artscroll book you could want. They also have classes there.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 7:13 pm
Monsey is a great place especially in the summer almost like the country. Pick up a copy of the community connections or front page at the closest grocery. Lifeplex on college road has great classes, a seperate pool, and machines. You can meet nice people there. There are plenty of malls just to walk around so you get an outing. What else are your interests?

spinkles

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 8:22 pm
My shana rishona was in Monsey while dh learned at Ohr Somayach, so I don't have current info, but here are some things I did:

--Esther Baila Schwartz's shiur
--Rabbi Wachsman when he would occasionally speak
--it was fun going out to eat if that's in your budget, we never could afford much but even Bubba's Bagels was fun
--hiking at Harriman State Park
--Finklestein library

FYI Community Connections is available online, if you google "monsey community connections" you'll find it.

Enjoy!!!

emunahdoj

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:23 pm
Wow thank you 3 so much! You made me feel a lot better about going.

Chana- Wow your shana rishona was there! Nice to know. How did you hear about Esther Baila’s shiur? I love hiking and eating so your suggestions are great!

Mom2b- You got me excited about being in Monsey in the summer! Thank you for telling me about lifeplex…I wanted something like that. If there are malls, I am happy. Those are pretty much my interests…

Abby-thank you for telling me about rockland community college and about the library…very excited about the Jewish books.

Will I be able to find all of these places? Is Monsey pretty small? Does Monsey run into Spring Valley and Rockland County? Are the busses easy to figure out? Thank you all so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries