Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! My 2.5 month old got all bitten up!

Shmaichel

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 4:55 am
Is there anything I can do to chase the mosquitoes out of my bedroom?
My baby got all bitten up!! (And his Mommy and Totty are getting their fair share too!)
I'd rather not spray any chemicals around the crib...
Do you know of anything more natural that would chase away the mosquitoes?
TIA!

gigi

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 5:07 am
my friend who was having a big mosquito problem just started taking vitamin b1.
and no more bites.

maybe you can take it if you are nursing, and see if it gets through to the baby.

otherwise they do have these fancy mosquito netting things that for over a cradle. you could try that too.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 7:35 am
They sell mosquito repellant bracelets at the pharmacy. You could put one on each of the baby's limbs and a few around the crib edges or slats.
An alternative is to spray the outside of the baby's p.j.'s (not near the neckline) before you dress him or her.
Also, before you put him in for the night, spray the bottom of his crib. Let the air clear before you put him in. The chemical will stick to the wood without being right next to your baby's nose.
Also, check the windows. Make sure there are no holes in the screen. My son got an astronomical amount of bites (nearly 20 in two days, just on his face). It turns out there was a gap between the screen and window that we didn't know about.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 7:37 am
Make sure extra b1 in your system is safe for such a young baby, if you are nursing.

Shmaichel

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 9:33 am
Thank you so much for all the tips LOL
I will try them out!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 12:26 pm
I really and truly do not want to post this because why worry you, but are you sure that it's mosquitoes? Maybe just ask someone about what bed bug bites look like. If you see the mosquitos flying around, then that's probably what it is.

merelyme

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 1:53 pm
And I was wondering if they might be spider bites.
You can move the crib to somewhere else for a day and spray, and then move the crib back.

ElTam

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 2:32 pm
If it is mosquitos, put a fan blowing on him. The wind interrupts their flight patterns and makes it hard for them to land.

I would also google some pictures of mosquito bites, bedbug bites and spider bites, just so you are sure. Just go to google and click images.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 3:15 pm
Check her crib and your bed for bed bugs. I had been getting bites for a few weeks and I was told it was mosquito bites (I went to a dermatologist cuz I'm pregnant and I wanted to make sure it wasn't something from pregnancy). Turned out it was bed bugs.

yummy2

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 3:20 pm
I think a friend of mine mentioned, placing downy sheets around the bed repels mosuitos as well.for now, lots of calmine lotion to eliminate scratching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics