Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Should I give Tylenol?

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 9:54 am
My DD is five months old. Sunday night she burned up with fever, went to doc and he didn't see anything wrong with her. said that if the fever lasts for another three days I should come back for blood work

all day yesterday she was burning in fever and I gave her Tylenol every four hours. today, at 4 am she was burning so gave her Tylenol. at 8 I was sure she will be with high fever again but she was normal (which usually after three hours she was burning again) now her temperature is 99.2
(yesterday she has 102.5)

would you give Tylenol?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 11:56 am
How is she acting? That's how I would decide. Is she crying and won't stop? Give her Tylonol. Is she gurgling and smiling at you? No meds needed.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 9:17 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
How is she acting? That's how I would decide. Is she crying and won't stop? Give her Tylonol. Is she gurgling and smiling at you? No meds needed.
I agree.

If she is relatively happy and content with her toys etc don't give tylenol. If she seems restless, kvetchy, unhappy and pale/floppy looking, give her tylenol.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 9:48 pm
I agree with the previous posters, although I will add that I try other methods to bring down the fever before using meds- like using a cool, damp washcloth on his forehead, giving ice pops, or taking a warm (not hot) bath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics