Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Calling all sleuths - diaper falling off at night?

goodmorning

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 7:39 am
My 1.5 year old has been waking up in the middle of the night completely soaked, with her diaper off or open. I thought that it might be the cheap brand that we were using and switched to a better one, but no change. She wears one-piece PJs with snaps in the back that she can't open, and when she wakes up, her PJs are closed, but her diaper is off inside her PJs.

I guess that the logical step is to increase her diaper size but she fits solidly within the size range (She's 20 lbs, wearing size 3 that fit 16-28) and there haven't been any problems during the day.

I can't figure out why her diaper keeps falling off or what to do about it ... Ideas?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 7:43 am
I had exactly the same issue with my son who was that agegroup - he would wake up soaked no matter the diaper brand. I was recommended to put a second diaper over it and it did the trick!!!

spring13

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 8:41 am
You can try using a diaper that's specifically for night time, they really are more absorbent.

Or, get some in the next size up and try putting one of these in it at night as a "doubler" - http://www.amazon.com/flip-Dis.....IOWM.

If the velcro keeps failing, try putting some duct tape over the tabs at night.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 10:40 am
use duct tape over it

gp2.0

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 11:12 am
Is he tall for his age? Sometimes taller kids need a bigger size up even if they're petite.

Also, make sure that no part of the pamper is tucked in, like the back material or the stretchy part around the legs.

Maya

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 11:52 am
The one time my baby had his diaper fall off was when I used a cheaper brand for that one night.

Also, about the overnight diapers, I decided to try the Pampers Overnights and they were terrible. They literally came apart and I had pieces of diaper "stuffing" all over him. The regular Cruisers work the best for nights.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics