Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Iso nice small chabad community with low real estate
Previous  1  2

MrsDuby

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 9:22 pm
im biased... but I just moved to Louisville KY - near my in laws. I decided Louisville is the best kept secret out there !!

I have a three bedroom house, huge backyard, full finished basement ... all for $150k.... we have kosher meat, dairy, chicken, fish etc... plus we are able to bulk order from Pittsburgh (which is cheaper) ...
there is an eiruv, a beautiful mivkah, a gorgeous Shul and a day school (run by my mother in law)

yes im biased... but regardless, its still a great place to raise kids... AND we're literally 5 minutes from Downtown where shows, museums are etc.

come down for a visit Smile

sarlal

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 9:22 pm
detroit!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 10:35 pm
What job opportunities are there in Louisville?

MrsDuby

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 6:32 am
excellent question Smile
both me and the husband work from home... I know that the medical field is huge down here. Many young couples move here to do residencies and things like that...

if you want more information, I can have someone in the community give you more details if you like. No matter where people move to, its always a good idea to visit for a shabbos or something beforehand and get the feel of the place.

let me know if I can help more !

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 2:33 pm
For those who suggested Chicago, please be aware that housing is not inexpensive here. It is cheaper than NY, but it is much more expensive than places like Cleveland or Detroit. I don't know anything about the Chabad aspect though.

chocolate truffle

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 2:50 pm
op here,
thanks for all the responses!
when I say a decent priced house I mean a house thats actually worth the price you pay. in crown heights for example, you can pay 500,000 and get a small condo which I am not ready to do. I would love to pay around the 200,000 range and get a large house, backyard etc. I dont want my kids growing up playing on sidewalks. mrsduby, louisville sounds amazing!

my main issue of course is a job but we would be willing to travel out wherever it is and find out what the opportunities are. we are both really ready to do anything, getting out of new york city is the priority right now.

MrsDuby

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 3:54 pm
what industry are you / your husband in ? maybe we can help you find something ?

I should "warn" you though - louisville is VERY small jewishly. while the orthadox shul is large with many members, the amount of people who are frum frum (I.e wears sheitels etc.) isnt big.

but as my mother in law says - here you can be a big fish in a small pond Smile

if youre interested in checking us out -- maybe take a road trip and come on down !
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics