Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Freaky dream -- please help!!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 8:16 pm
For the past couple of nights, I've been having these really vivid dreams of me hitting my four year old daughter for whatever it is that she did that was trouble, but hitting really really hard, to the point where I would consider it abusive. This is freaking me out. Why am I dreaming this? I do not hit my daughter, nor do I ever intend to hit her, so why am I dreaming these kind of dreams?!? Every morning, I wake up in a cold sweat and race to give my daughter a hug and make sure she's all right.

Please help me, I can't stop thinking (or dreaming) about this!

ElTam

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 12:11 am
Dreams are usually just our brain working out something in the nighttime. It doesn't mean anything real.

However, if you are really disturbed by it, there is a prayer for annulment of dreams in the Woman's Siddur and it is also a segulah to turn your pillow over after a particularly bad dream.

thatgirl

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 12:21 am
Give tzedakah in the morning and also I heard u shouldnt repeat bad dreams to anyone.

Mommastuff

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 10:38 am
make sure to say the whole krias shema before you go to sleep

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 7:52 pm
Dreams are also your unconscious's way of sending you a message about how you feel about something. The unconscious can use metaphors.
Did you feel like you did something to hurt your daughter in any way? Are you anxious that you are not a good mother and will hurt your daughter in some way? (I don't mean that you will hit her but do you feel insecure about being a mother?)
It could be it's not even your daughter but someone else who you feel obligated to parent.
When I have dreams that bother me like this, when I make the connection,it clicks and the dream stops bothering me.
You would be the best person to determine what this means. Think about what the dream means to you. What did you feel like in the dream? When do you feel like that in real life?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers