Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Please take a break to vote before Shabbos!
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 10:23 am
Please take a few seconds to vote for Natural Jewish Parenting to be eligible to receive a Chase "Mission: Small Business℠" grant. We've entered late in the game and have less than TWO DAYS left to get at least 180 votes in order to qualify for the next phase, in which essays are judged and 12 winners selected.

I stayed up all night last night writing five 500-word essays, but they won't even be read by the judges if I don't get enough votes to pass through. I need your help.

Voting is fast, and you can vote for as many different businesses as you like. If you're on Facebook, it takes less than a minute to log in and vote. Please click the link below and do it now!

Here's how to vote:

1. Go to the Mission: Small Business℠ home page (http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/).

2. Click the “Log In & Support" button on the bottom right.

3. Log in with Facebook.

4. Search for "Natural Jewish Parenting" and click the "vote" button!

Please do this before Shabbos so I don't spend all Shabbos in suspense. Smile

Again, here's the link to vote: http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/ (If it doesn't load, try again - it's a little funky.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! And have a wonderful Shabbos.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 10:45 am
Can you post a direct link to your voting page? That would be helpful.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 11:49 am
Unfortunately there is no direct link. You have to go to the home page, log in with Facebook, and use the search box. It only takes a minute. Smile

The deadline is technically midnight Saturday night, but I really want to accomplish this before Shabbos! I really do need every single vote, so if you can, I'd really appreciate it!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 11:50 am
Would a mod please move this out of the "Tehillim needed" section? I posted here by mistake. Should just be in Announcements. Sorry!!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 11:52 am
Hey everyone, 50 people have viewed this and I think I did get one or two new votes, B"H. Thank you! But why only one or two out of 50 people? This is a really easy mitzvah to do. Smile

I can't even have my essays judged as part of the next phase if I don't qualify with at least 250 votes. Please help me get to the next step! Remember that you can also vote for as many other businesses as you like. Search for "Jewish" and you can vote for all the Jewish ones!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 5:42 pm
One last nudge before Shabbos - if anyone has not yet voted and can take just a minute, I would greatly appreciate the help. Can you spare a minute to help a Jewish business be eligible for the next round of judging? Thank you!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 12:27 am
To all who voted, thank you. In the end I was 100 votes short of the goal and will not be moving on to the next phase (essay judging). It's frustrating because something like 150 people viewed my post here, and if everyone or most people who saw it had voted, that would have accomplished all I needed. Voting was free, took just a minute, and you could vote for as many businesses as you wanted to... so voting for me wouldn't have negatively impacted anyone else.

So I'd like to ask, if you read my request and did not vote, what was your reason?

A. Just figured everyone else would vote so why bother.
B. Have something against Natural Jewish Parenting and would not like to see it succeed.
C. Meant to but never got around to it.
D. Really just didn't care so didn't do anything.
E. Other....?

Not an official poll, obviously, but I am curious why it's so hard to get people to take a small action that would help someone.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 1:57 am
Or:

F. I don't have Facebook so I couldn't vote.
G. I just never do these things no matter what - it's nothing personal.

I'm being curious, not sarcastic - I am trying to understand the psychology of this whole thing! Smile

kalsee

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:30 am
You probably viewed this thread 30 or so times...

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:34 am
[quote="kalsee"]You probably viewed this thread 30 or so times...[/quote

Very Happy That's funny, but nope! Only the exact number of times I posted. I don't come here unless I get an e-mail notification.

I'm really not upset, I honestly am trying to understand how people think/behave, out of curiosity and to help me in the future. Human nature is what it is.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:36 am
G.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:44 am
OK, sequoia, you were nice enough to answer and I appreciate it so much I'm going to ask a follow-up question. Why do you never do these things? Too many requests? No time to even think about it, read the request, whatever? Just simplifying your life? (all this is no sarcasm - hope it's coming across ok)

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 2:47 am
amother wrote:
Would a mod please move this out of the "Tehillim needed" section? I posted here by mistake. Should just be in Announcements. Sorry!!

Just reported myself to request this again - sorry for any confusion with this post being in the wrong forum!

kb

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:14 am
F.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:19 am
So sorry this didn't work out for you. I am seeing this for the first time, but I wouldn't have voted because I don't have a facebook account.

smss

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:38 am
also F

Strawberry

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:39 am
F.

sleepwalking

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:44 am
1. I'm on imamother from my phone so it's very hard.

2. I tend to not take amother serious.....

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:44 am
Well, this is interesting. It's interesting because I also did not use Facebook until very recently - and I started using it for business, not as a personal thing. Honestly, I never saw the appeal of Facebook or saw any purpose in it for myself. So I should have realized that maybe a sizable number of people who might have voted would not and could not because they're not on Facebook.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 3:45 am
sleepwalking wrote:
1. I'm on imamother from my phone so it's very hard.

2. I tend to not take amother serious.....

I hear you, but if anyone thinks about it, by using amother in this case, I'm actually NOT being anonymous. Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics