Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Which dishwasher?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 6:56 pm
Anyone bought a dishwasher recently? Have one you can recommend? Or one you do NOT recommend?
I need some help figuring this out. At wits end I am currently trying to decide on appliances for my new kitchen and have everything figured out besides for dishwashers.

Consumer reports is recommending one thing, while the applicance store recommends a different one, and my mom recommends yet a third one.

The features most important to me are how well it washes and dries things. How quiet it is is not my main concern, though if it sounds like a freight train I wouldn't want it in my kitchen. LOL

The thing that drives me crazy about my current dishwasher is that it can not dry plastic things. I end up having to dry them by hand or leave the dishwasher open overnight to let things dry completely. Having to dry things negates part of the point of a dishwasher imo and leaving it open to dry won't work for me a lot of the time since often I have to run a few loads one after another (especially after shabbos).

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 7:09 pm
I am very happy with my maytag. It washes extremely well. It dries well, although plastics can still be a bit drippy. Aren't all dishwashers like that? I dunno. I have the kind with buttons on top, hidden by the counter. That was extremely important to me, to keep curious fingers away. Also, it requires a bit of force to open. BH, so far my toddler hasn't managed to get in there.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:36 pm
If all dishwashers were like that I wouldn't have this dilemma lol
My mom's $$$$ dishwasher (yes... 4 dollar signs there for a reason shock ) dries everything perfectly

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:12 am
We have Siemens that meets all the specs I need. For us the most important part was how many settings/plates it can accomodate, 24hr timer, larger spray head for washing big pots, and if I can move the cutlery basket.

One thing I regret not getting was cutlery tray--it avoids scratching cutleries.

Drying function seems to work well--I think the trick is to open the door and let the steam escape as soon as the dishwasher finishes the drying cycle.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:24 am
We did a lot of research on dishwashers recently. I found only the higher end ones really dry plastic well. I love my new KA dishwasher though - when it comes out, I just have a towel nearby and it takes about 4 seconds. The inside is dry just the top is a bit wet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics