Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help from Haifa experts re restaurant for Sheva Brachot

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 7:36 pm
I am coming to Israel for a wedding this summer and would like to host a Sheva Brachot in Haifa for about 25 adults and 10 kids. Can anyone suggest a reasonable kosher venue...can be a restaurant or a room in a catering hall...either indoors or outdoors is fine. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

amother

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 2:30 pm
I doubt many Israeli imamothers are familiar with Haifa. Most of them seem to live in Jerusalem, Beit Shemesh or surrounding yeshuvim. I live in none of these myself, but I'm far from Haifa. I do know kosher places are not common there at all.

I hope someone can help you. Maybe do some internet research, although probably the sites are all in Hebrew.

ora_43

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 3:44 pm
What heksher?

There's El Gaucho in the Carmel neighborhood and also an asian food place in one of the hotels nearby. I'm not sure what the hekshers are.

El Gaucho has an English website: http://www.elgaucho.co.il/elga.....-menu

There are more places but I'm not so familiar with the area.

amother

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 4:23 pm
I know a few places just north of Haifa.

All are either Mehadrin, or atleast have glatt meat. Easier to find dairy though....

Cafe Cafe (dairy)- Kiryat Yam
Shalet (dairy)- Kiryat Motzkin
BP (meat) AMAZING!- Lev Hamifratz
Cafe Greg (dairy)- Kiryat Ata

Kiryat Ata tends to have some takeout places, maybe some halls there are okay too. Take time to look into it, its not so easy to find. Definitly not in actual Haifa. Almost everyting is open on shabbat which means they wont get a teuda

amother

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
I know a few places just north of Haifa.

All are either Mehadrin, or atleast have glatt meat. Easier to find dairy though....

Cafe Cafe (dairy)- Kiryat Yam
Shalet (dairy)- Kiryat Motzkin
BP (meat) AMAZING!- Lev Hamifratz
Cafe Greg (dairy)- Kiryat Ata

Kiryat Ata tends to have some takeout places, maybe some halls there are okay too. Take time to look into it, its not so easy to find. Definitly not in actual Haifa. Almost everyting is open on shabbat which means they wont get a teuda

Though Cafe Greg in Kiryat Ata has only a Rabbanut hechsher I think, one of the main chareidi poskim of Haifa, Rav Bamberger says its okay to eat there.

smalka

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 6:39 pm
I spent some time in Haifa and local friends took us to an off-the-beaten-path restaurant which I enjoyed very much, especially the atmosphere. It is a dairy restaurant. Don't know anything about its "teudah". It is in Kfare Bialik near Kiryat Bialik which is right outside of Haifa. the name is "Cafe BaHoresh". Hope you like it if you go. Mazal tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics