Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What should dd wear to seminary?

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 4:11 pm
She's always had a uniform, and she can't wait to get rid of buttondown shirts and pleated skirts. But on days off school she wears slinky skirts and Elzee type tshirts, and velour hoodies in the winter. Her sem had no dress code, just a list of "no" things - no denim, no tight shirts, no too-long skirts... Her usual stuff is too casual, I think. She avoids any kind of "blouse" type shirt, and really likes to be comfortable, and she doesn't like the short sleeve over a shell look. She doesn't like to be trendy, but I don't want her to look like a nerd...what do you all think? If you have a girl this age, what is she wearing these days?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 4:12 pm
can you see class pics of last year at the sem

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 4:18 pm
MY teenage cousins are wearing tunic tops over pencil skirts.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 4:54 pm
Lots of the sem girls I saw walking around this year dress the way you describe your dd. But ye, bring some tunic tops and pencil skirts in case of more formalish occasions.

spring13

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 6:41 pm
She's old enough to decide what she wants to wear, as long as she's following the rules. Why not send her with what she has, and provide an allowance of some sort so she can shop there if she feels like she wants to change it up?

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 8:56 pm
pencil skirts or a line skirts in a variety of colors.
Tunics, shells and tops, belts and cardigans to match.
A black shoe and another color shoe.

She can mix and match all of them its the easiest (especially for the one who does the laundry Wink )

Peanut2

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:27 pm
She's old enough to decide what she is going to wear.
Make sure she Has what she needs, including shabbos clothing.
Assuming she is going to Israel, you should both remember that she may be spending a lot of shabboses at other people's homes.

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:41 pm
So, can you tell she's my oldest girl? Wink She's old enough, I know, but I want to give her a little style advice. I offered to send her shopping with friends and my credit card(yikes!) but I kind of want to give her direction. Tunics, huh? Thanks all!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 16 2012, 9:43 pm
MorahSara wrote:
So, can you tell she's my oldest girl? Wink She's old enough, I know, but I want to give her a little style advice. I offered to send her shopping with friends and my credit card(yikes!) but I kind of want to give her direction. Tunics, huh? Thanks all!

Are her friends style-conscious? I definitely did lots of shopping with friends at that stage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children