Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby needs surgery for "chordee repair"

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2009, 9:33 pm
My baby boy was diagnosed with chordee and the ped urologist said he needs surgery to correct this.
I'm so nervous about this! has anyone else had any experience with this condition?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:48 am
A friend of mine had a son with that problem but he had his surgery at abouta year of age. He couldnt have his bris until then. has your son had his bris yet?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 11:24 pm
He was able to have his bris on time, I guess maybe he doesnt have such an extreme case. Do you know who you friend used for the surgery?

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 11:42 pm
good luck with the surgery - who does your urologist recommend ...

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 11:55 pm
I don't know what chordee repair is, but I had a great ped. urologist for ds if you're interested...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:22 am
chordee is when his pen-s is bent at an angle, the surgery is to straighten him out.

and yes, please please recommend a good ped urologist!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:28 am
Dr Glassberg is top notch. He is in Boro park once or twice a week and he does surgeries in Columbia.

Thats whom my friend used, and I'm using him as well for my kids for a different reason. Very nice guy and great doctor.

dainty diva

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 2:05 am
I second mama, I used Glassberg 'bout 10 yrs ago, very courteous, very kid-friendly, was recommended by ds's mohel. Was also very considerate.

NYmommy

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 8:47 pm
I know this is an old thread but my son is having this surgery in few weeks I'H. what is the recovery like? will my son (2 years old) be in pain? Is the pen*s bandaged after the fact? Trouble peeing? I have so many questions dr just said its a minor procedure.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 9:10 pm
My son had a chordee repair (along with a hypospadius repair at the same time) about a month ago, and I was amazed at his recovery. He was 8 months old at the time, so I don't know if a 2 year old would react the same way, but my DS had a great recovery. That same day we brought him home from the hospital, and gave him some pain medications that the doctor prescribed (the same Dr. Glassberg who is mentioned above, actually.) He went to bed that night without a problem and slept through the night till the next morning. The next day he not only did not need the prescription meds, he didn't even need tylenol! He just wasn't in pain, b"H!
As far as his diapers, we were instructed to leave the bandaged area alone and try to keep him dry. After the first time, when I was so nervous to see what it would look like, the changing went fine.
I hope your son has a complete, quick recovery from his procedure.

NYmommy

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 9:27 pm
I found this information online:
The surgery is done while the patient is asleep, under general anesthesia. Occasionally, the surgeon may prefer that the child not urinate through the repaired urethra during the first few days. A small plastic tube, called a catheter, is anchored to the head of the aiver with stitches. This allows the urine to flow out without coming into contact of the repair. This tube will be removed in 7-14 days in the office without causing the patient much discomfort.
A dressing will be wrapped around the shaft of the aiver at the end of the surgery. This will help hold down the swelling and make your child more comfortable. Remove this dressing if your child doesn't urinate within 8 hours or if it rolls down and starts to tighten around the aiver

Is this tube thing for real? Makes me freak out. Surgeon didnt mention anything about leaving a tube inside... Also ds will have a chordee repair together with meatal stenosis. anyone had both done at same time?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics