Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Earring keeps falling out
1  2  Next

Leahh

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:19 pm
What can I do to stop earrings from falling out? I already had to replace them twice and other times have thankfully found them
They are have a clasp not a post. Someone mentioned to me to put clear nailpolish on the clasp. Anyone try it? Does it work? Will it "glue" it shut (making it difficult to take off when I want to?
Any other ideas?

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:34 pm
My neighbor crazy glues his high school daughter's earrings together so they stay in her ear. They assure me it works.

It sounds like you just need the tension on the clasp adjusted. Where it is too loose tighten it.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:36 pm
As squishy said, push the two prongs of the clasp closer together and you should feel some resistance when you close the earring. I like the idea of crazy gluing it.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:46 pm
Is this for you or your dd? Cuz if it's for a baby or a little girl, maybe this is G-d's way of telling you to wait till she's older. JMHO.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:48 pm
zaq wrote:
Is this for you or your dd? Cuz if it's for a baby or a little girl, maybe this is G-d's way of telling you to wait till she's older. JMHO.

But what should she do now that the ear is pierced already?

groisamomma

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:49 pm
Come to think of it, the hole probably won't close anyway. I'm waiting for dd's ripped earring hole to close up and it's been five years already and nothing doing.

Leahh

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:55 pm
This is a 5 year old that's had her ears pierced since she was an infant. Since she outgrew baby earrings she's on her 3 or 4 pair. Last time I ordered half a pair to keep the cost down but it's getting out of hand. I tried different clasps too hoping it would make a difference....
Also, her earrings are NEVER taken out & she doesn't play with them. So if it falls out its totally on its own. I assume it gets looser everything she pulls a shirt over her head. What can I do to stop it from happening?

lamplighter

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:42 pm
Are you me? My daughters earring always falls out. I did notice that its always the same side though so it must be how she sleeps.

I was advised to get screwbacks but I havent found any and I cant imagnie her sitting still enough for that.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:42 pm
Are you me? My daughters earring always falls out. I did notice that its always the same side though so it must be how she sleeps.

I was advised to get screwbacks but I havent found any and I cant imagnie her sitting still enough for that.

Leahh

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:51 pm
Screwbacks are very hard to find for this age. They're more for babies which is what she used to have. I would get them for her if I found them but right now I really want to find a way to make these work

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 12:27 am
Switch to hoop earrings?

green mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 12:10 pm
having same issue with dd. where can I buy screwbacks in lakewood?

Kitten

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 12:34 pm
Did you ever try earrings with a regular post? From my experience of grown up girl who lost several nice earrings because they would get caught in my sheitel, regular post earrings are the less likely to fall out.

green mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 12:44 pm
yes they keep falling out.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:48 pm
So I put crazy glue on dd's pushback and it works wonders. The only problem is that she had ear tubes surgery this week and they ordered all metal off only to realize that we couldn't take the earring off! We tried with a ring cutter and other stuff but we couldn't get it off. Since dd is only 1, she kept on fighting so Im sure if the kid is a little older it wouldn't be such a problem to just cut the plastic pushback.

Anon cuz I asked so many ppl irl how to get it off.

green mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:52 pm
she is one so I dnt want to glue it. anyone know where to buy screwbacks?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:54 pm
Try lever back earrings. They are popular in kids earrings because they are more secure.

OMG I can't believe people think its a great idea to crazy glue a foreign object to their child's skin.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:58 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....lSrch
Screw back earrings.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/....._QL40
Lever back earrings.

green mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 5:06 pm
thanks for the. idea I will check amazon

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 5:24 pm
Definitely huggies/lever back. They are awesome.
NOT screw back unless you want the kid's ear to grow over the earring God forbid (you're welcome to take our pair, one of which the surgeon removed from my dd's ear years ago).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics