Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Park near Lakewood

21young

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:50 pm
My husband's birthday is coming up, and I decided to go inexpensive with a gourmet picnic supper. Does anyone know of a park near Lakewood that is open late and is pretty and quiet, where I can go for a picnic? I thought of Manasquan Reservoir but I'm not sure that there's a picnic area there, or how late they're open.

baker1

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:12 pm
Turkey swamp is a gorgeous park with beatiful picnic areas and there is also boating. I dont know how late they are open but probably until it gets dark.

Catus Island would also be an option.

Allaire state park is very nice.

Hatzlacha!

sky

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:38 pm
All above options are great. Most parks are open until dusk (about 7:30/8:00) these days. You can call the parks to double check.

There is also Ocean County park (Rockefeller Park). [You cannot BBQ with propane]. Most weekdays you can find a quiet corner.

We are always in search of a park with lights that is available at 9:00 but haven't found anything yet.
Sometimes we park ourselves on a bench around the lake with a street light nearby and eat there.

During Bein hazmanim a lot of parks are full of frum people. This past Sunday we were at Allaire state park for a long time and most tables around the play ground area were full with only frum yeshiva families. Some families were only showing up at 7:00.

Last edited by sky on Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

21young

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:40 pm
Thank you! I'll check out these options.

mom2be1

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 3:39 pm
We went to take pictures with pictue people on the water by Toms River at a little grassy area called Riverfront Landing there wasnt much there- a gazebo a couple benches on the water with some boats. But its pretty and you can extend your outing a little bit by going to the Ocean county mall or Marshalls which are right there if that interests you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics