Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Letting earring hole close to repierce?

daisydoodler

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 5:05 pm
One of my DD's earing holes is really off-center (not terrible, but it bothers me). That earing hole is also always getting red and infected. Does anyone have experience with letting the earing hole close up and then repiercing it? How long does this take? Is there a risk of the old and new hold joining together making one huge one? Could repiercing that ear solve the infection problem--never had a problem with the other ear, so maybe it's just the placement?

mommyhood

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 5:23 pm
If she's had the earrings more than 6 weeks it's unlikely that the hole will ever completely close so if you re-pierce in a different spot chances are you'll still see 2 holes on the outside of her ear and if the holes overlap it could make it difficult to get the earring through. That happened to me and getting earrings in my ear was a nightmare for years.

m2m

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 5:32 pm
I had mine pierced when I was like 6 or 7, they were also done off centre and they were always getting infected. I use to wear Earrings on and off till I eventually left it for about a year I think and got them re done when I was 12 or 13, however although the lady who redid them told me my old holes were totally closed they somehow opened up again and I have 2 holes in each ear!!!! It doesnt really bother me except I don't like wearing very heavy earrings cuz I'm scared they will rip. I don't really get infections but I do have to be careful how long I wear earrings for especially of they are not real but I think that is just my ears! You should really ask someone who has done ear piercing for a long time.

ElTam

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 6:29 pm
I let mine grow up from piercing when I was 8. One closed, the other never did completely--you can't get an earring through but you can see where the hole was. When I got them repierced, they tried to go into the old hole, but it didn't work.

With my daughter, she had one hole that was always getting infected. I put neosporin on her ears every night for a few weeks as recommended on several web sites, and it would get much better but never totally go away.

We went to the store and got hypoallergenic earrings, but not straight posts. I don't know what to call them but they don've have a back. The piece that goes through the ear is shaped like an upside-down U. Within a few days, the infection was totally gone. I think because of the shape, they moved around more and also air could circulate and there was no dampness after showers, swimming etc. She's back to posts now and no trouble at all.

Hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics