Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which community?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 11:38 pm
We are thinking of moving to an out of town community that is a warm and close knit community where my husband and I can find jobs. I work in one of the therapies and my husband would preferably want to do a kodesh related job (I think he would be great at kiruv), but also has business experience (managing, sales...) if kodesh is not an option. The town should also have an established chinuch option for my kids. I would describe us as "very open-minded yeshivish".
Any suggestions? It can only be realistic if there are job options for both of us...
Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 24 2012, 11:49 pm
how about Denver? It is a warm community, not so large, but with good schooling options for elementary - Hillel , BY high school,yeshivas toras chaim, and also DAT which is a more modern orthodox option. DAT might suit your dh for a chinuch job, also has a kiruv element to it I guess. There are not so many frum ladies working in the therapies in Denver, so there are probably jobs available. I do not live in denver, but I have freinds and family who live there and love it. There are a lot of open-minded type yeshivish people there, everyone cares about everyone else even if they are more or less y eshivish.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:07 am
Thanks - Any other suggestions?

abby1776

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 2:47 pm
Baltimore is a lovely community but it is large (certainly larger than it was) and I wouldnt necessarily describe it as "warm and close knit" although we have been very lucky and have wonderful neighbors who we have gotten very close to.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 9:32 pm
I know of a close-knit community who may have a first grade rebbe position available. PM me if you want.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 3:43 pm
Providence, RI is exactly what your looking for. Very close knit, welcoming community. They have a yeshiva, kollel, day school, high school and 3 shuls. 1 hour from Boston, 3 hours from NY. I know there are a lot of speech therapy jobs there. You can contact Shani Schwartz at 401 273 3923, I think she has the info on the jobs. Her husband is the Rav of one of the shuls in town.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating