Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Finger foods

bigbird

Post Thu, Nov 23 2006, 4:12 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
Are you spoon feeding her? I wasn't sure by the way you wrote the post. If you are, try to give her foods she can eat by hand . Playing with food is a normal part of the learning to feed self process. Is she throwing food at the start or after she has had something to eat? If the later, than it is a signal that she is done eating.

My baby is having a similar problem. She won't eat when I spoon feed unless she can feed herself. Of course, most of it doesn't end up getting eaten. What finger foods can I give her that will fill her up besides for bread?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 24 2006, 9:27 am
bigbird wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
Are you spoon feeding her? I wasn't sure by the way you wrote the post. If you are, try to give her foods she can eat by hand . Playing with food is a normal part of the learning to feed self process. Is she throwing food at the start or after she has had something to eat? If the later, than it is a signal that she is done eating.

My baby is having a similar problem. She won't eat when I spoon feed unless she can feed herself. Of course, most of it doesn't end up getting eaten. What finger foods can I give her that will fill her up besides for bread?

How old is she? Cereal is a good finger food that is very nutritious...bananas that are semi-firm are also good since she can hold it but still mash it in her mouth, chunks of avocado, and if she's a bit older, a piece of kugel is good...chicken nuggets or fishsticks are kid favorites as well.
Also, try giving her finger food at the same time you spoon feed her -- you might be able to shtup in a spoon in her mouth as she works on picking up the next piece of finger food.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics