Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help dental problems with 2 YO

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 8:06 am
My 2 year old has 8 bad teeth he needs root canals and caps (he might still be losing teeth). After my dental insurance this will cost me about $3000.

I am in New Jersey, I don't have jersey care we have private insurance.

I really can't afford this but he needs the work done. Does anyone know how this can be done for less money.

He would nurse through the night until recently and his teeth were ruined Sad. I did not have this with my other kids.

I am beyond upset right now but I need to move forward and find a way to do this without costing so much.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 10:02 am
Bump!

Desperate Mom here Sad

SimchaSays

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 10:33 am
ask a different dentist. Often they will remove teeth before doing root canals and caps since at age 2 all they have is baby teeth and they will be replaced with adult teeth. Im not sure what they will say if its all his teeth, but a second opinion is definately worthwhile.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 11:44 am
A little better news,

My insurance came back with a Pretreatment estimate and they slice the bill almost in half. It is going to cost me about $1200 instead of $3,000.

I am just davening now that they can save the really bad teeth as there are three of them.

Tinkerbelle

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 11:49 am
I hope they manage to save those teeth whatever it has to cost! Baby teeth are very important b\c they save the space for the adult teeth, pulling them would mean extensive, often complicated orthodontics later on. (not to mention that the child has to eat for the next ten years...)
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics