Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Handicapped parking

ROFL

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 12:35 am
I am planning to take my parents to Israel. I plan to rent a car. Does anyone know how o get a handicapped Parking pass for us to use on a rented car?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 2:35 am
I don't think you can. Dh is a nocheh, officially but he drives a rental car until we can get approved for a van w/ wheelchair lift from bituach leumi. He doesn't have a handicapped parking pass.
If its possible you need to speak to "misrad hatachbura".
Good luck.

Didi

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 3:09 am
It is not do able, but you can bring your handicap plaque from the states and leave it in your window in mall parking lots or supermarket parking lots, just not street parking. Good Luck and have an enjoyable trip.

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 6:02 am
It isn't possible, and your American parking placard isn't legal to use either. It is probably easier to take cabs and just not worry about parking.

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 7:43 am
Perhaps the organization listed at this site can help you?

http://www.aisrael.org/?CategoryID=1304

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 7:52 am
Even for Israelis, getting a handicap tag is a procedure. It's not done on the spot, various certificates are needed etc.

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 8:13 am
For an Israeli you must own (not rent) a car to get a handicapped parking permit. Then there are forms to fill out, medical records (originals) that have to be mailed out and from the time they get the forms it takes 60-90 days to get the parking permit.

If a person with an Israeli handicapped parking permit has a reason to rent a car they can't use their parking permit on the rented car.

Marion

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 4:20 pm
So if you owned a 5-seater and needed to rent an 8-seater so your whole family could attend a simcha you wouldn't be able to use your permit? That's a little crazy.

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 5:16 pm
Marion wrote:
So if you owned a 5-seater and needed to rent an 8-seater so your whole family could attend a simcha you wouldn't be able to use your permit? That's a little crazy.

No you couldn't.

And if your car died and wasn't repairable chv"sh and you needed to buy a new car, but it took a month or two, not only could you not use the parking tag on the rental you would have to wait another 60-90 days to get a new parking permit once you bought the new car....

ROFL

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 6:59 pm
Thank you all for the info. Taxi will be too expensive. I guess I will have to drop my folks at the entrances and find parking myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions