Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Here's something you can do to help Chaim Dovid Ben Necha
Previous  1  2  3  4

b from nj

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 9:19 pm
I've been davening for him as well ever since I heard the sad news awhile back from ppl. in your neighborhood (where we used to live previously). I just want to hear bsuros tovos!!

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 1:03 am
Just checking in to say I'm thinking of you. Made Shabbos early the last three weeks in a row :-) Really early this time, not 5 minutes, and it was a mechaya, I could get used to this!

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 11:50 pm
Thanks. I had no internet access all summer, but it was an eventful summer. Here are some of the main updates:

-The chemo Chaim Dovid is on now has stopped working. His tumor markers were going down steadily, but now they are back up from 25 to 244.

-It is not a shock that the chemo stopped working, because they did a study on his cancer. When he had surgery to remove his tumors last time, they took some and fed it to some mice. They started a whole colony of mice with Chaim Dovid's cancer. Then they split them into a number of groups- I think 7. They tried a different treatment on each group. The chemo he was on worked well, but then stopped working. There was another chemo that worked completely. None of the others worked. They are planning to switch him now to the one that cured the mice.

-They haven't given him any chemo for the past couple of weeks, because he had a major inflamation of a muscle in his side. It looked like he was expecting twins. Everyone asked him when he was due. Now he no longer looks pregnant, but they say the baby left an arm inside (there is still some inflamation). He was in the hospital for over a week, in excruciating pain, even on morphine and a pain pump. He came home on Friday, and made it up to the country in time to spend our last Shabbos there with us. They first thought the inflamation was caused by celulitis, but now they see it was a reaction to the chemo. Until the muscle is completely healed, they won't do any more chemo.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 12:19 am
Oy. Ouch. We continue to think of you and daven for you, regular Shabbos has just about caught up with early Shabbos and for a couple of weeks I had a hard time but this week I made it early and specifically had Chaim Dovid in mind while lighting. I hope they are able to proceed with the treatment soon and it should be as effective as it was for the mice!

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:33 pm
Amen!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 9:58 pm
A couple of nice tidbits:

-Chaim Dovid's tumor markers have dropped drastically since starting his newest chemo. This is the chemo that cured the mice, so we're really hoping it work for him as well.

-Yesterday, the New York Times had an article on the front page about a kid who had Leukemia and they did the mouse experiment and used the results to cure the kid. He is now in remission, B"H. The more successes they have, the more their experiments will be publicized. We're hoping to give them more reasons to be in the spotlight.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics