Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TAG nursery

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 4:44 pm
Does anyone know how much tuition is, approx?

I'm moving in the next few months and don't know much about the area's schools/playgroups for 3 year olds- do ppl send to the nursery or are there playgroups around till 3ish that are good and priced better than a real yeshiva tuition (I'm assuming TAG is more $$ than a playgroup!)

any help would be very much appreciated!

(also, does anyone know what time TAG nursery dismisses?)

granolamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 8:38 pm
TAG is more expensive than playgroups, iirc in the $7000 range (not absolutely sure of that number, call them and ask).
there are playgroups in the area till 3 and they are cheaper but most are full by now.
TAG 3yo nursery dismissal is at 3PM

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 9:05 pm
wow..
I'll be in cedarhurst, hope there are slots open out in that area for a playgroup!

do you have to go to the nursery to get into preschool? I know there are places in Flatbush like that.
I hope not! cuz I certainly dont want to spend 70000 if I don't have to!

granolamom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 7:59 am
afaik, you can get into TAG for pre1A even if you didnt send to the nursery. I believe they have 3 or 4 classes for next year's 3 yo grade and are expecting that to grow to 7 classes for the 4 yo grade in 2013. so there should be plenty of spots.

there are some other preschools in the area, not attached to a 'yeshiva' but not a playgroup in someone's house. there's one in the aguda (gan ami? I think its called) on peninsula, there's chabad (very expensive) and another one on west broadway afiliated with rabbi ginsberg's shul (forgot what its called). there's also someone running a montessori school for ages 3-5 in her home in woodmere, I believe she still has spots available (I think her tuition is about $5000).

but double check with TAG abt tuition, I'm thinking I probably am mixing them up with some of the other schools. they might be in the $6000's.

gumby

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 10:32 pm
There are 7 classes for kindergarten not 3

granolamom

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 10:53 pm
I must have misunderstood what the secretary told me, I didnt realize there were already 7 classes for the 3's.
thanks for clarifying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics