Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
R"H/Y"K Toy ideas for almost 2 yr old boy

questioner

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 11:09 am
Ideas for new toys for my 22 mo. son to buy me some davening time? (and managing through Y"K time)
We have blocks and mega blocks, some stacking toys etc.
he loves books, and I have some new ones, but isn't interested in reading to himself - he wants me to read to him.

what will occupy him for a while?

iamamother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 11:36 am
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....earch
we got this for my son who is the same age. it takes up space when open but folds flat in a second and we just slide it behind the couch. (FYI- I dont think u r allowed to pop it up on shabbos and YT... but u could do it before...

questioner

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 12:04 pm
no room for something anywhere near that big Sad .. could just about fit it in my dining room unfolded w/ not much room to go by, can't leave it like that all YT
would also prefer to spend less $$

iamamother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 1:14 pm
well actually u dont need to take out all the parts. I only take out one "tent" at a time... and we actually got it cheaper with a coupon....
I find that my son will just hop from toy to toy (hopefully just toys and not my kitchen cabinets!) every few minutes... nothing keeps him busy for all that long. sometimes just getting a few small cheap things keep them busy cuz its something new to them...

penguin

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 1:18 pm
I got thisadorable Rosh Hashana set for about $15 on sale a few weeks ago. now I see it's $25.95. Very durable, my kids love it.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 3:48 pm
though they're not cheap, they are amazing. it kept my then around 22 month old baby busy for hours!!! he can really make things with it at 26 months...definitely worth the expense IMO (at first I thought it was such a waste of money but now that my kids have used them for a few months; I'm not so sure that it's such a waste of money anymore.)

questioner

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 12:34 pm
Health is a Virture wrote:
though they're not cheap, they are amazing. it kept my then around 22 month old baby busy for hours!!! he can really make things with it at 26 months...definitely worth the expense IMO (at first I thought it was such a waste of money but now that my kids have used them for a few months; I'm not so sure that it's such a waste of money anymore.)

what?

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 12:47 pm
My son will be 21 months on Yom Kippur and he sounds the same way! I'm also looking for inexpensive ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics