Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Esther Aron
1  2  Next

im here!

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 1:07 pm
Does anyone have a wig from them? Is it good? To which company would you compare it?

miss123

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 1:30 pm
---

Last edited by miss123 on Sun, Mar 14 2010, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

im here!

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 1:46 pm
Do I need to cut the wig by her? Or can I just by it by her & cut it somewhere else? (I actually was not planning on cutting it by her).

I heard that they are VERY sleek, is that true?

racheleezzy

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 2:41 pm
I looove my esther wigs.... I knew going in that shes can be tough so when I sat down in the chair I told her, I want a very simple cut with very few layers and it wokred out beautifully, and she has gorgus quality hair. I have about 4 friends that all bought from her and love it...

im here!

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 3:08 pm
And are the ones that are on sale now as good as the ones she usually sells or are they on sale for a reason?

racheleezzy

Post Mon, Feb 01 2010, 3:12 pm
not sure never bought the sale ones but im assuming they are just as good quality as the regular ones.. she probably has sales because she needs to get rid of stock...

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Sep 08 2012, 10:57 pm
Bump.
For those of you that have one for a while.
Does her hair hold a style?
Is the top flat?

momx6

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 12:03 am
I just bought one by her (tracy) to wear in a pony Shaitel. The hair is really beautiful, sleek, and the color is great. So far so good. It was so hot and humid these last few days but the hair didn't frizz at all. Also Esther cut it and she did an amazing job!

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 12:13 am
I know people are very happy. My main concern is if they hold a style.
My Shevy does not hold. A week after its set, it looks like it needs to be redone. I cute it multiple times...etc..

momx6

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 12:19 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:
I know people are very happy. My main concern is if they hold a style.
My Shevy does not hold. A week after its set, it looks like it needs to be redone. I cute it multiple times...etc..

I have a feeling that alot of Sheitels don't hold their style for long. I have a mazali for shabbos and I get it done with curls and in a few weeks its flat like a pancake!

markmywords

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 9:32 am
I think it depends on the texture of the hair. Straighter, thinner hair falls flat sooner.
I have an Esther that she cut for me, and I'm very happy with it.
She has a good selection overall, and what I like about her is that it's all displayed in sections according to quality (and price) so it's easier to choose from. It's a very relaxed environment. You can try on whatever you like without someone standing over you.
I've been to other places where they were incredibly controlling and backside about anyone touching their merchandise. It's such a turn-off. You're going to be spending between a few hundred to a few thousand. Sometimes you need to let your own fingers do the "walking" to tell (feel) if a shaitel is to your liking or not.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 4:44 pm
bump
any other opinions?

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Sep 15 2012, 11:42 pm
Bump-anybody know pricing?

forever21

Post Sat, Sep 15 2012, 11:58 pm
they have wigs for $700 and for $1500

momx6

Post Sat, Sep 15 2012, 11:59 pm
I just bought a shaitel by Esther. It was called a "tracy". It was 900 + 100 for a custom made cap. It includes the cut. The hair so far is gorgeous! I love it and I'm so happy that I went with her in the end. I was debating between other places.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 1:07 am
Does she give you a discount if you don't cut it by her?

momx6

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 1:16 am
I don't know about a discount but she cuts beautifully. Also the wig I bought I wear it in a pony all the time.
You should go in to talk to her.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 1:26 am
I will after Yom Tov. Seems that everyone here is really happy with their wig.
Thanks for all the info!

Bebe

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 11:00 am
I have an Esther Aron that I bought from my shaitel macher. I love it. I bought it for a pony wig but I really like it down. Only issue is that it gets knotty sometimes. if I dont put it back in rollers after each wear it gets knotty. pple always compliment on it and ask what wig it is. Hair is gorgeous and sleek! I paid $800 with the cut. Totally worth it!

hot mom

Post Wed, Oct 31 2012, 12:52 am
I highly recommend Esther Aron. I am married 5 yrs and have 4 sheitels from her-2 custom high end (Russian hair), 1 semi custom (from shelf, cheaper Russian hair), and 1 pony that was cheap mixed hair (similar to Tracy).

She has 3 price ranges depending on what you are looking for:

under $1000-decent hair, definitely worth the money. (my pony is 4 years old and just fine!)
$1000-2200-European hair, beautiful sleek hair, not the most expensive but good quality, can be custom made or off the shelf
$2200-3500 (or more...)-top quality virgin Russia hair, best hair on the market, custom made and very few pieces in this category on shelves

Custom orders are usually 4-6 weeks. She does not charge an extra fee for custom. Technically you can custom make a cheap $800 wig to match your hair color and get size right.

She does "alterations" on non-custom wigs, and is very into the fit.

All qualities of hair come in all hair types: wavy, curly, body, sleek and straight, flat, etc.

all very fine straight hair will not frizz and you can ask her on other hair types.

I am thrilled with all of my 4 wigs. Most of my friends are not happy with all of their wigs so that's a big deal.

Tip: To Bebe who has trouble with her wig knotting-if it knots on the underside of the wig, especially a new, very fine hair, this is normal. (speak to ppl who bought wigs from other places). To remedy the situation: buy for $10 a bottle of leave-in condition (you can get this from any hair salon or sheitel macher) and spray on the underside of the wig and comb gently downwards in layers. Do this before you put wig on and when you take it off. After 1-3 washings, the knotting will stop.

I hope this was helpful.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels