Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Stroller advice for three kids under three

rzab

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 8:07 am
I have 2.5 year old twins and am expecting.
I have been looking into different stroller options, does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!

yksraya

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 8:09 am
a tripple tandem stroller would be a good option.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 8:10 am
I would keep the twins in the stroller and wear the baby in a carrier.

Or you can buy a buggy board for your double stroller and your twins take turns standing on it.

2busy

Post Tue, Oct 02 2012, 6:40 pm
mountain buggy?

de_goldy

Post Tue, Oct 02 2012, 6:59 pm
baby in a sling or carrier and twins in stroller. Or buy a double and the twins take turns walking/sitting.

sarachana

Post Tue, Oct 02 2012, 7:09 pm
BOB revolution se...you can put 2 in the inside and one sits on the large piece in the front. google it and you will see it looks as though it was made for 3 kids.

tikvuchka

Post Tue, Oct 02 2012, 7:10 pm
hi! I was looking into this as well because I took care of my sisters baby and I have two of my own. Many strollers have a third seat you can attach to the front. I am concerned about the buddy board thing because it doesnt look safe or easy to use. I feel like it would get in my way. Try looking for strollers with a third seat that attaches to the front.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 12:25 am
My twins were 17 months old when Rivka was born. I only ever used a double stroller. In the beginning I carried the baby while the twins rode, and as they got older I switched the twins in & out as they got tired.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 12:48 am
I had three kids under three.

Ignore anyone that tells you to push a double stroller while wearing a baby in a baby carrier... it's incredibly shleppy and uncomfortable!

I have a Valco trimode - it has nice big wheels and it's not as heavy as you think.

Pinch every penny and buy a good stroller because it will make your life immeasurably easier. I take my kids to the park all the time... the best thing for a mother of three small children is getting out of the house... frsh air, change of scenery, a chance for the big ones to run around and play while the baby can lay in the stroller and nap.

The trimode is a great stroller, the seats adjust to lay flat, so your kids have lots of room to nap in it. The extra seat works for bigger toddlers (20 kilo limit, I think) and there is a sunshade you can buy for it (I don't have it, but I know there is one) This is what mine looks like...

bamamama

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 12:59 am
ewa-jo wrote:

Ignore anyone that tells you to push a double stroller while wearing a baby in a baby carrier... it's incredibly shleppy and uncomfortable!

I have a Valco trimode - it has nice big wheels and it's not as heavy as you think.

Pinch every penny and buy a good stroller because it will make your life immeasurably easier. I take my kids to the park all the time... the best thing for a mother of three small children is getting out of the house... frsh air, change of scenery, a chance for the big ones to run around and play while the baby can lay in the stroller and nap.

The trimode is a great stroller, the seats adjust to lay flat, so your kids have lots of room to nap in it. The extra seat works for bigger toddlers (20 kilo limit, I think) and there is a sunshade you can buy for it (I don't have it, but I know there is one) This is what mine looks like...

I don't think it's very nice to tell an OP to ignore what actually may be a great solution for her. I wear my babies until they are 6 months old and am perfectly comfortable. So is my baby. To each his own. ETA: and I've had 3 under 3 twice so have pushed a double with a baby on my front or back most of the time.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 1:44 am
I agree. I had 3 under 1.5 and I didn't even think about getting a triple stroller (no way I could afford it!). I carried Rivka when she was small and pushed the twins. When Rivka got bigger, I put her in the stroller and the twins took turns walking. Big trips like the zoo dh pushed the double and I pushed a single. It's totally doable, espeically since the OPs twins are already 2.5. By the time Rivka was 8 months old I was using my single maclaren 90% of the time, and the twins were walking (they were just turning 2, and they were late walkers didn't start walking until 16 months). The double was reserved for long trips, Friday night out, etc. I never used the double for Rivka & Avraham Tzvi and they were 2 years 8 months apart. She was out of the stroller by a bit over 2.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 2:05 pm
I have a sling-style baby carrier, which I've used for all my kids when they've been small, but otherwise, I seriously do not like wearing a baby carrier. I *hated* pushing a double while wearing the baby. Babywearing isn't for everyone!

Here is something you can read, OP.. it's a guest post I wrote for my friend's blog about my search for a stroller for all my kids. I have looked at just about every stroller on the market. (we don't have a car, I walk and bus everywhere... so having a good stroller was an issue of survival for me)

http://www.babythingsiwant.com......html

I got my Valco used, btw.... I found it for a great price.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 3:10 pm
I had 3 under 16 months (singleton, twins) and always regreted not buying a triple stroller. (You might find a used one or can buy new and then sell when done). I agree that it is definitely worth the investment even if you do use a baby sling at times. Sometimes that is simply not feasible. There was a compact triple tandem that I was eyeing (I think Perego but if you Google, you'll see quite a number) but never purchased. I would do it now in a heartbeat. It was really tough without one. Good luck and B'Shaah Tova.

STovah

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 7:05 pm
I agree with ewa-jo. If you can scrape together the money for it, buy the valco with the toddler seat attachment or something similar. I bought it when I had my third (not quite 3 under 3, but close, and I loved to walk places on Sundays and other days off). Best money I spent (stroller-wise, at least).

sbeck212

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 7:43 pm
I had 3 under 2 ( singleton then twins) and the valco SAVED my life. I was often alone on sundays due to my husband's work schedule and couldn't have done it any other way. Although, with the twins being older, the baby bjorn or sling is a good option. but, with the valco, you still have a great double stroller which you can always sell later.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 7:50 pm
ewa-jo wrote:

How rude! Why can't you state your opinion without putting down other recomendations. You're not the only one whose ever had 3 kids under 3 (although from the amount of times you mention it on this site it seems you think you are). Different things work for different people. You can put your idea out there without making it the "only" option.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 12:39 am
There is also a big difference between having twins first, adn having the single first with infant twins (who NEED to ride or be held). The OP has 2.5 year old twins, totally different situation from someone who has a 16 month old and infant twins.

Rodent

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 12:42 am
We got an ABC Adventure Buggy triple (double with mounted reclining toddler seat). You can do a single with 2 above also. Not great for short people though.

I would also consider a double with a Strolli ride-on attachment if you don't need all 3 to be able to sleep lying flat while out (why the Valco didn't work for us either).

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 3:31 am
I had 3 under 3 (2.5, 1.5 and 0). I never had a triple stroller. I combined wearing the baby when he was very small, or for short periods of time, to having one kid walk, or having the oldest stand on the back rail (this was a maclaren double but doing that broke the stroller eventually). If the sort of thing ewa jo has would have been easily available I probably would have got that. Especially if the extra seat is removable so you don't have to use it when the kids are a little older. (Or, when the baby is small enough to wear comfortably)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics