Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Was it still good

amother

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 11:05 am
I'm staying at a relative for chag, and they have different standards in terms of leftover good and how long they last for....to say the least.
I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to that. Anyway, my kids were fed some asparagus that had either been canned or jarred. It was opened at least 3 weeks ago and then stored in a tupperware in the fridge. The host said it smelled fine,and the kids didn't say it tasted bad-though they are young and may not realize if something is off, even if it's not spoiled.
How long can something out of a can or jar last for after being opened? If it was canned can any bacteria grow on it if it was stored in a container? Basically, what's the worst that can happen?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 12:26 pm
K, someone else in the house tasted one and said they aren't good. Now I'm really nervous, Really, what is the worst that can happen to them? Anything dangerous? I'm very worried.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 12:50 pm
anyone? I may be paranoid, but I'm seriously worried.

Lady Bug

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 12:53 pm
I'm no expert in these matters, but I am assuming that since it isn't fish, eggs, or meat, it can't be that terrible. Worst case, they will get a good stomach ache.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 2:33 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
I'm no expert in these matters, but I am assuming that since it isn't fish, eggs, or meat, it can't be that terrible. Worst case, they will get a good stomach ache.

I'm sure it's fine.... I would not worry. If your kid comes down with a fever or stomach virus or something take them to the doctor but otherwise I really wouldn't worry.

but not because it's not meat fish or eggs. People die of listeria and other food borne bacteria in fruits and vegetables. Hello it's been all over the news lately!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics