Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When do you have time to go on imamother ?

suomynona

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:41 pm
I feel like whenever I'm on this site, I'm neglecting housework that needs to be done. I have unfolded laundry from Sunday, some rooms in my apartment are in really bad shape etc.
And it's not like I can log in and browse for just 5 minutes. The bigger this site gets, the longer it takes me to catch up on all the missed posts.
When do you find time to visit this site?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:45 pm
It's not that big a deal for me...I only read the posts I'm interested in, and I don't do all the n ew posts at once; there's a 24, 48, and 72 hour feature so I can catch up even days later.

But I'm mainly online during the slow times in the office....or when I'm waiting on the phone or waiting for someone or something...

Sofia2

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:55 pm
Quote:
But I'm mainly online during the slow times in the office....or when I'm waiting on the phone or waiting for someone or something...

Same here.

In the evenings,after putting the kids to bed, I sometimes go on too.

MommyEsty

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:58 pm
while I am nursing!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 2:03 pm
ooooo, MommyEsty, LOVE THAT LADYBUG AVATAR !!!!!!!!

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 2:15 pm
this is my treat~! whenever I think I deserve a treat I get on. After housework is done, after kids are (finally) sleeping...
so if I'm not in the mood of doing something, I look forward to this!!

technic

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 4:26 pm
one look at the state of my hse and ull figure it out Wink

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 8:29 pm
When I finish all my work or I want to take a break I read the latest posts. If there are posts that I miss, that's fine too.

suomynona

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:55 pm
Choc. moose, thanks for pointing out that feature! I never noticed it before. I think I'll be making good use of it Smile

I must admit, I also go on sometimes during work, but at my job, there's never really any quiet time, so I try not to.

rise above

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 3:44 am
I take lunch at work at my desk.. so between Imamother, some music, and a good sandwich.... Smile

amother

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:00 am
I work from home, at my computer, so imamother is always open in another window and when I just need a five minute break here or there, I look what new posts have happened:)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 9:15 am
When I feel like it. I don't have anything to do except on Wednesday (university).

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 9:24 am
when work is boring...no one is calling... office dead and alone..

basically... or when kids are going to bed..etc

mumoo

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 9:28 am
you make time for what's important to you

I should be exercising........

shalhevet

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
I work from home, at my computer, so Imamother is always open in another window and when I just need a five minute break here or there, I look what new posts have happened:)

Same here.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 8:33 am
I go on quickly here & there also while I'm waiting on the phone or something. I only have a computer at work so can't go on at home although I'd love to read those long discussions.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 8:40 am
When I'm procrastinating!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

mama247

Post Sat, Dec 02 2006, 7:08 pm
Right now, motzei Shabbos, I have been sitting on this darn computer for over an hour. I haven't cleaned up from Shabbos (though we had no company and spent all Shabbos day at my mil's) and I have piles and piles and piles of laundry to do!!! My dh is working tonight until very late, so I have no excuse for not getting anything done, but I am just tired and I hate doing laundry with a passion. I hate my basement. It's cold. I really just want to go to sleep, but I know I eventually have to do some laundry b/c dd has no uniform to wear to school tomorrow. So I'm on here basically procrastinating and I hate myself for it!!! Some days I try doing the "imamother as a reward for getting stuff done" tactic and it works, but other days I just can't help but get on and get nothing done around my house. Help!

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 02 2006, 9:49 pm
this is what I'm supposed to be doing:

sort laundry, clean up from Shabbos, organize my bills/permission slips, go thru outgrown toys and clothes, say tehillim, moisturize my face, fix the broken cabinet door, get out all the boots and mittens and hats, hang up my children's old Chanukah projects, reconcile my checkbook, soak my cuticles, write to my Aunt who told my mother I never call or write her, come up with a new budget with my husband, walk for 20 minutes on the treadmill, finish formatting organizations cookbook for fundraiser, buy ice melting salt, buy groceries, buy one dd snow boots, wash out smelly briefcase, buy present for boyaleh's upsherin that was already tonight, check email, wash sheitl, trade carpool for a Wednesday appointment, get another dd ice skates to stop paying rental every week, buy erev shira tickets, restamp and resend 3 returned bas mitzvah thank you notes, tweeze my eyebrows, empty fleishig dishwasher,

How do I find time to go on Imamother??!!!????

ShiraMiri

Post Sat, Dec 02 2006, 9:53 pm
shalhevet wrote:
amother wrote:
I work from home, at my computer, so Imamother is always open in another window and when I just need a five minute break here or there, I look what new posts have happened:)

Same here.

ditto
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics