Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Teeth

cool_mama

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 7:38 am
My dd is almost 2 years and her top four teeth are yellowish.I brush her teeth every day and she doesnt get junk food or sweet drinka during the week. Need for a dentist or normal?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 7:46 am
chaig wrote:
My dd is almost 2 years and her top four teeth are yellowish.I brush her teeth every day and she doesnt get junk food or sweet drinka during the week. Need for a dentist or normal?

It could just be her tooth color. My daughter had yellowish teeth and I have white teeth. I wasn't used to seeing that color so I took her tio the dentist. I have my daughter brush with Rembrandt toothpaste and rinse with Listerine whitener once a day now that she had her big teeth.

smiledr

Post Sun, Oct 07 2012, 10:28 am
Sounds like early childhood caries caused by nursing /bottlefeeding. Baby teeth r called milk teeth bed they r so white but if they r dark in color/brownish it's most often ecc. Take her to a dentist by 2.5 y o. I tell my patients not to treat ecc unless symptomatic and most often they aren't - it's just esthetics and won't affect adult teeth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics