Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Husbands... ;)

Dimpled

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:16 am
Is anyone else's DH like this?
Whenever I have to leave early to work, it is DH's job to get the kids (girl-3, boy-1) dressed and ready.
Since my baby is pretty difficult to get dressed (you all know what it's like dressing an infant), I usually just get him dressed at night, to give dh an easier time (this doesn't happen very often).
so last night, I dressed baby in his stretchie and placed his pants and socks folded neatly next to dd's clothes.
Anyway...
I go to pick up ds- and no surprises here- he's not wearing his pants! baby sitter says: "yeah, I knew this wasn't typical for you, but I figured since your husband got him ready today..."
next I take ds to pick up dd. And low and behold-- she's wearing a (year-old) baby (boy)'s calf-length jeans under her striped dress!!....
boy did I have a good laugh!
So typical for a dh.... Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

hadasa

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:22 am
lol! I'm going to be repeating that story, hope you don't mind!

Dimpled

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:32 am
I crack up every time I think about it...
I always thought my father's the only spacey guy who could do something like that, but I guess rushed husbands can be like that too... Smile

buzz

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:35 am
my dh took ten minutes putting on my dd's stockings (10 month old) last month as he thought they go on like socks!! I laughed so hard when he told me!

gold21

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:35 am
thats really cute!

sounds like your husband is cute-ly clueless about these things

.... but, for the record, while some men are more clueless about childcare, many are very good at it....

so its not "typical for a DH"- more like "typical for some DHs"

like, my father is so the type like your husband, would totally dress us mismatched and backwards and in the wrong size clothing LOL Wink

but, my husband knows how to dress my kids very easily, he would never mix stuff up like that, he is a 21st century guy as they say

Squiggles

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 6:51 pm
My friend and daughter's ganenet called me up one day to ask if I'd slept well that morning, cuz my daughter came to gan with a dirty white t-shirt and her BROTHER'S BATHING SUIT... Nerd

Tiale

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 7:40 am
Cute stories!
Squiggles!!! Hahaha that's hysterical Very Happy

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 8:23 am
That's hysterical! And yes - maybe it's not ALL husbands, but - classic!!! I can so see my husband doing the same thing!

anonymom

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 9:14 pm
about the socks, I tried to show my six year old son a better way to put on his socks. He politely declined and patiently explained to me, there's more than one way to put on socks, Mommy.

Funny story you must have had a good laugh.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 9:55 pm
LOL I actually laughed out loud! Thanx for sharing!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 11:18 pm
LOL.

Such a man! As kids me and my sister used to have dresses that had a few buttons down the back and another one which was buttoned down the front. My mother said she was in hospital pp and we both walked in wearing the back-button one with the buttons at the front so she told my father these are meant to be at the back and the other ones at the front. Lo and behold the next day we walked in wearing the other ones, back to front LOL

Dh is not so bad with ds clothes but he cannot do his hair and it is so funny he spends ages putting in the clip and gets frustrated because "it has a bump".

imaamy

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 6:16 am
My DH dressed DS for preschool in what I laid out. He brought him home (the preschool is at his work) and I said what happened to his clothes? He isn't potty training yet so usually it is paint or wet sand from sandbox. DH said what do you mean, isn't that (spare clothes from preschool cubby) what he was wearing this morning? Um, no, you dressed him in something else...I had to retrieve the plastic bag of wet clothes (thankfully no mildew yet) the next day from preschool.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics