Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What soaps, etc, lotion do you use for bathtime?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 6:47 am
Until your kids are at the age when you still bathe them, which soaps do you use? Body soap, shampoo, conditioner? Which brands do you swear by or stay away from? Do you massage them with lotion or baby oil after the bath?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 6:48 am
*I meant until they are too old for you to bathe them... Pls specify newborn, infant, toddler

spring13

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 6:53 am
I stick with eco-friendly brands for my kids (Burt's Bees, California Baby, Say Yes to Carrots, Seventh Generation, etc. - Target has a lot of choices) because I like keeping things clear of potentially harmful or unnecessary chemicals. I'd prefer to use all of that kind of thing for myself, but since it can be expensive I just buy for the little dudes right now. I get hold of coupons sometimes, which is nice - Seventh Generation has one at Target right now. I'm not super brand-loyal, I like to try new things all the time Smile

Oh, and I really just use the kind of baby wash that works as both shampoo and body soap, even though DD is 2.5: she doesn't have super-long hair. Someday when she seems to need actual shampoo, I expect I'll keep buying the same brands as much as possible.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 8:37 am
Dove soap or any brand of baby soap, Johnson's or any other brand of baby shampoo, and that's about it.Olive oil for cradle cap if necessary. I avoid products from third-world countries.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 8:47 am
my baby gets bathed in cetaphil. I also use this one my face, it's very gentle. my bigger kids like the loreal kids or similar shampoos, and they tend to just wash themselves with that. if they want to use a bar of soap, I use yardley of london (I stock up when it's on sale). I avoid johnsons completely, my kids get crazy cradle cap and that makes it worse. also, johnsons was found to be putting formaldehyde, among other chemicals, in their baby soaps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 10:15 am
Do you use conditioner for your kids?

I also heard that johnsons dries them out. I've found aveeno good tho I don't have a high budget and haven't tried burts or seventh gen etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics