Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric orthopedist dr Feldman

nakatts

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 6:04 pm
Has anyone used dr David feldman, I know they don't take any form of health insurance and was wondering how much he charges for an initial consultation. And any other information you may have about him.
Thank you very much

miami85

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:15 pm
I saw him when I was 23--4-5 yrs ago, I don't recall how much I paid for the consultation, but I think maybe it was $150--but I could be making up that number. What they tell you to do is to try to get your insurance to make an out-of-network exception. I had a rare condition and I remember having to call all the orthopedists in-network to prove that Dr. Feldman was the only Dr. that dealt with this problem. Dr. Feldman may have been the only one who performed the "gold-standard" but invasive and risky procedure needed to correct the problem, but I ended up finding a Dr. who did an adequate minimally invasive procedure, so I think I only saw him 1 time--maybe 2.

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:23 pm
I don't know what he charges now, but he is absolutely the best. I know people fly in from across the country for him. He does very complicated cases as well as club feet, scholiosis, growth plate injuries...He treats many kids with special needs. Whatever it costs it's worth it. If your case is straightforward, you my not need him

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:31 pm
He is top. Charges $365 for a visit, not including x-rays. I forgot how much x-rays are. Casts are $400 each.

He saw my dd once in the clubfoot clinic. To see him privately, with 2 casts being put on weekly, it would have cost me a mint. They did offer me a discount, and were very nice, but it was still waaaay too much money.

If you have out of network benefits, he's probably the best doctor around. I still wish we could have used him. Sad

okeydocke

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:45 pm
my son fell down 2 years ago on YT was taken in to joint desis hospital, dr. feldman was called in by hathaluh for my son to do the surgery then on YT. and for follow up visit with his cast I saw him in his office, and my son is CHP patient, I saw the dr. few times that year and followed up the next year, and all was covered thru ameri choice CHP. maybe it had to do cuz he saw him first in hospital, I dont know, but all I know is that he is great
what can aslo do is call the office and ask which day he is in hospital clinic or find out from hospital and see him there,
and about xray you can always bring along your own

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:55 pm
okeydocke wrote:
what can aslo do is call the office and ask which day he is in hospital clinic or find out from hospital and see him there,

Not really. He has soo many patients who are desparate to use him but can't afford him that he opened the clinic for that purpose. He has other doctors working there. It is so busy and he only comes once a month, so he limits his services there to treating kids with multiple disablities/deformities. I got him to see my dd once as a favor, and only because I know his sil. She begged him for me.

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 9:26 pm
I know he is in the clinic once a month on a Tuesday if I'm not mistaken. I saw him years ago, in those days he still took insurance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics