Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I'm worried about my baby!
Previous  1  2

gp2.0

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 6:01 pm
My ped did a similar thing at the 4 week checkup. Said the v*Gina was sticking together, lubed her gloved pinky finger and stuck it in to widen the hole. Without asking me for consent beforehand. I changed peds. If a ped is so busy that she can't take 30 seconds to explain it to me before doing it, she doesn't need my business.

jaysmom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 6:08 pm
merelyme wrote:
jaysmom wrote:
The OP was not specific about the procedure and I just dont think you can say for certain that an iritation in he area is not related.

???
I'm sorry, I don't understand. She said what the doctor did and that it was when her daughter was a newborn. Now her daughter is a year and a half old.
How could her daughter have gotten a new scratch from this procedure done over a year ago?

The OP describes it as a cut. Whithout a medical diagnosis of the "cut" or knowing how it got there, or knowing what procedure the doc performed to the newborn, I guess in my mind I don't rule out the possibility that it could have gotten infected or some irritation developed over time- even a year and a half later. It may be unlikely, but personally I wouldnt feel comfortable ruling it out altogether with limited knowledge.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 8:08 pm
OP here. Ok so yeh, I totally panicked. embarrassed

When my husband came home he took a look under a good light and guess what....over the day the cut almost completely went away. It looks a tiny bit red...and so I will keep it clean and put on some bacitracin.

I'm very relieved and also glad I waited for dh to take a look, other than that I feel like a complete doofus for panicking like that! Seriously my day was ruined.

BH for tomorrow. Thank you ladies for your support!

jaysmom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 8:11 pm
glad to hear!

chatouli

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 8:16 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
My ped did a similar thing at the 4 week checkup. Said the v*Gina was sticking together, lubed her gloved pinky finger and stuck it in to widen the hole. Without asking me for consent beforehand. I changed peds. If a ped is so busy that she can't take 30 seconds to explain it to me before doing it, she doesn't need my business.

Good for you, and I hope you wrote her a letter explaining why you left the practice so she doesn't do it to other new moms! How sick!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 10:45 am
chatouli wrote:
gp2.0 wrote:

Good for you, and I hope you wrote her a letter explaining why you left the practice so she doesn't do it to other new moms! How sick!

Nah. She's such a huge big shot that my letter wouldn't have made a difference. Btw I didn't leave right after that episode but after several more similar episodes. The whole community thinks she's awesome so at first I doubted myself. FWIW the 'procedure' didn't seem to hurt my dd at all and there were no side effects that I could see.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics