Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Steam Iron

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:41 am
My iron (all of $38) finally crashed out mid-ironing. I am desperate for a new one and I want to get a REALLY good one this time.
I understand that the steam ones are really good (you know the ones on the huge base thingys). My problem is that I don't even know where to start.

Some things that I want for sure is the safety on/off feature (if that is possible) and also a steam control (if that is possible too? I have never used a steam iron).

I know rowenta and delonghi are good makes but has anyone here got any more advice for me to help me in my search? What do you have and what do you prefer?

(price doesn't matter at this moment)

peppermint

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 10:53 am
Rowenta DG5030 Pro Iron Steam Station
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....81052
this has everything you're looking for

if money really isnt an issue get this one. its the same thing but you can see the water level w/o opening the cap
Rowenta DG8430 Pro Precision Steam Station
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....25241

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 6:40 pm
Thanks they both look good...anyone have any personal experiences/preferences?

cm

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:21 pm
Black and Decker Digital Advantage is very good. It is a pleasure to use compared to my previous steam iron.

Patternreview.com is a great place to look for product reviews and discussions related to sewing equipment (even if you are not planning to use the iron for sewing).

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:34 pm
I've had my rowenta for nearly 20 years, and I love it. I don't really even need to use steam, it works so well, and I wear a ton of linen in summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars