Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Flu shots

amother

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:00 am
I work in a school and got my flu shot last week as the school nurse was giving them to staff. DH was supposed to find the time to pop into a pharmacy and do it, and my kids are supposed to go to the pediatrician tomorrow to get theirs. Well guess who came down with the flu yesterday- DH! So regarding the kids here's my question: is there still a point in getting them the shots as they've now been exposed? If so, should I try to get them in today rather than waiting till tomorrow as planned?

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:26 am
call the pediatrician, you will probably have to go in today.

paperclip

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 1:26 pm
Here is the link to how many people were compensated by the United states compensation program( vaccine court) for being damaged by the flu shot last year. Many people were compensated for dying, guilliane barre etc. Here is the link

http://drtenpenny.com/vaccine-.....ries/

amother

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 1:43 pm
I have the flu jav every year as do all my family, it's great and I have never had flu since I started having it. You might get a cold but very unlikely to develop actual flu which is awful, and not good at all for people with asthma and the elderly.

ElTam

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 2:17 pm
There would still be benefit for your kids because the vaccine now is combined influenza A and influenza B. Your DH has one or the other, meaning they haven't had exposure to both. When I got influenza A a few years ago (swine flu), I still went ahead and got the vaccine so I would be protected against influenza B.

And, if they don't get sick now, it could be that they get reexposed later in the winter and get sick then.

I would go ahead and get them vaccinated.

ElTam

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 2:33 pm
Quote:
Here is the link to how many people were compensated by the United states compensation program( vaccine court) for being damaged by the flu shot last year. Many people were compensated for dying, guilliane barre etc. Here is the link

http://drtenpenny.com/vaccine-.....ries/

You should note that Dr. Tenpenny makes much of her living off of selling anti-vaccination CDs, DVDs, and books. So she's hardly a disinterested researcher.

And, if you actually read the links of the judgements, you see that these are almost 100% settlements. That is to say, there has been no finding of fact by a court of law. So, no judge or jury has found that the vaccine caused the illness and that the respondent (the firm or person being sued) maintains that the vaccine did not cause the damage. But, the cost of litigation being what it is, it is cheaper to pay a settlement than to go to court.

I read quite a few of the rulings, focusing on the deaths. In one of them, the son of the man who died testified that his father was feeling sick before he got the flu vaccine. In another, the person who died had had oral surgery for an abscessed tooth two weeks before he got the shot, and was not treated with antibiotics. He died of sepsis, which means an infection that has become systemic in the body. So, you could say, yeah, it was the shot that did him in, or you could also make the reasonable assumption that having surgery without antibiotic treatment for an infection is a more likely culprit.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 10:06 pm
I too have read much on the subject and not from this dr. Who some have disparaged, and I too would be very hesitant to get this vaccine, based on the cases I have read.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics