Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plus size dressing, please help me
Previous  1  2

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 4:24 am
bnm wrote:
can't decide yes or no

Based on your OP I would say no.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 10:09 am
My favorite store is coldwatercreek.com They have a website that has an outlet. The outlet is very reasonable...I like them because I don't have to look like a cow just cause I'm fat. Being fat is hard enough, why should we have to look bad too?

anyway, good luck! I don't know where you live but they have a coldwater creek store in Westchester NY

shiffycc

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 4:54 pm
It depends on so many things. I actually love the first 2 things You posted. I don't know if id have the guts to wear them. Whenever I need something,the only place I go anymore is macys. When things are on sale they are pretty reasonably priced-and most things are almost always on sale. Plus, their return policy is great. I once bought something and lost enough weight that it didn't fit and returned it even though id been wearing it for months. (They take anything back within 6months I believe.) Then again, it seems that I might be a bit more conservative in dress than you. They have a lot af trendy dressy clothes, but most of what I find is black. Probably worth a look. My SIL always has great luck with old navys plus sizes, and that stuff is really cheap. But it seems to me like you dress up a little more during the week than I do(im basing that on the fact that you weren't sure if the sequined top was shabbos or weekday). My favorite skirts are from tlbots woman, and macys. Its totally hit or miss, but tjmax and marshalls sometimes will have that 1 perfect top that im looking for. Lane bryant can be an option if you are creative, though they have gotten a bit slummy in the past few years IMO.
im 34, and for the past 10 years I've wondered why we have to wear such awful, not age-appropriate clothes. Unfortunately, I think the only way to do it is fr equently check out the handful of clothes at each store so you can catch things when they have them.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 5:04 pm
Matte finish black skirt, black tights, suede (NOT calf leather) shoes or boots. Black shells, in cotton or maybe silk, under everything. Perhaps a black suede skirt. Suede can be tailored and shortened.

When you find something classic and hardworking, that works well, get a few of them. It's cheaper in the long run.

Microfiber is your friend. It machine washes. It can even machine dry, depending.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics