Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
9 year old stealing from family - help!!!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 5:53 pm
Please help!

Looking for any advice. Found out my 9 1/2 yr old has been stealing a lot of money that my 13 and 5 year old had saved up. 9 year old has been giving $ away to friends at school. I found out from another child.

9 year old is denying it but it is 100% correct. he never admits or takes responsibility for things. not sure why he does these things and then so adamantly denies it.

I left messgaes for Rabbi and psychologist late in the day. I must deal w/ it tonight before he goes to school tomorrow. PLEASE how do I handle this? any suggestions welcome....

so very upset right now.

Liba

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 6:02 pm
Why does it have to be tonight? It sounds like a chronic problem, they don't usually get solved overnight. Sad

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 6:11 pm
Why is he giving money to other kids? Are they bullying him? This problem might include a lot of other people. For now I'd wait to hear back from the psychologist. Don't talk about it with your son until you have some framework. Just knowing that you know is probably enough right now for him to feel guilt.

yaeli83

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 9:46 pm
like the other have said, I would take a deep breath and wait it out until the rabbi and psychologist get back to you. It would be one thing if he took the money and was buying candy, but because he is giving it away to friends, there is probably something more going on.

You also have to think about what kind of kid he is. Does he have good friends at school? try to impress people? is he the type to do what anyone tells him with out realizing its not right?

sorry you have to deal with this op. It must be hard bc you have to empathize with your children that he stole from, yet you don't want to make a big deal about it and cause trouble with their brother.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 10:08 pm
Does he get an allowance ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children