Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Centerpieces for engagement

french mummy

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 5:12 pm
I am looking for ideas for centerpices for an engagement party. There will be 20 tables. I need something nice, original and simple to make.
Thank you
PS: the party is on Thursday night iy''h

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 8:38 pm
Mazel Tov!

Do you have gemach to borrow anything from, or do you want to do candlesticks or flowers......

Do you want them for the ladies side only?

supermom

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 4:44 am
Simple but work. I made for my sil's engagement small chocolate horns one white and one black for each table. I filled it up with colored small covered chocolates. I layed them on a doily. I wanted to make a big one for each table but I had no patience to make ten big ones.
If you want to do a bake version you can do that too. Make a dough (don't know recipe though) cut it into long strips and wrap around a foil shaped horn. Bake until brown and fill with chocolate or pastries.

Try a nice flower arrangement. Do it yourself by the green foam, flowers, a nice deep dish or a plastic plate, and big leaves to cover the plate with.

Like CM said put candles on the tables. You can buy glass candle holders with colored candles to match the tablecloths.If you want take some thick ribbon (double the thickness of regular ribbon) and wrap it (wrap it to look like a candy cane if you get my jiff) around the candle in order to give the candle an interesting look. Put some greenery or rose petals on the bottom of the candle sticks to give it a touch of elegency.

Buy some glasses all different shapes or the same. Fill with water, sprinkle with glitter, add a tea light. Put like four on each table either together for a centerpiece or spread around the table.

By some medium size cone shape or anyother shape styrofoam, stick into it chocolate dipped strawberries, or any other fruit (Strawberries are easier to work with. Make sure they are thoroughly dry before you start). If you want you can buy some dried fruit and dip it too. Make a layer strawberries then a layer dried fruit (kiwis or pineapple) and so forth and so on.

If I come up with any other ideas I will post them.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 6:02 am
Chocolate coins and dreidles!!!!

french mummy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 6:41 am
Thanks everyone but don't forget that I live in England and not evertyhing is available.
Any other ideas

THANK YOU
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics