Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy Vista ??

superjew

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:04 pm
I'm looking into strollers. I have a few in mind. My most important features are:

Reversible
Smooth steering
Flat recline
Bar (one handed) recline - meaning not the strap adjusters like citi mini
Adjustable handlebar
Large Awning
Large Basket
Easy fold/unfold

These are in order of preference. So if I ask for easy steering I get the vista mostly recommended, however it has the 'v bucket' seat and I really dislike that. Yes, it does come with the bassinet which I love, but after 3 months I'd probably switch to the seat so that when babies up they can see the world, but I know young babies fall asleep often and thats why I love the flat recline so baby is comfy.

I have the bumbleride flyer now for my DS and I love ALL the features EXCEPT it has HORRIBLE steering. Its horrendous to push and I hate it for that reason. Obviously thats most important so thats out of the question and hence why I'm buying a new one for DC#2 (on the way iyH)

I'm just so torn because smooth ride is very important but how is baby comfy in that v shape seat? :/ Thats my biggest pet peeve about it.

Any other suggestions? Or opinions on that seat for vista?

Thanks!

graphixmom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:06 pm
I dont think the bucket seat is such a big deal. I have the bugaboo cameleon and my kids dont seem the have a problem with it. my son naps in it almost every day! if I'm not mistaken, I think the uppa baby doesnt go flat down though like the bugaboo does. look into that!

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:40 pm
It does go flat but it's a bucket seat. My daughter has no problem sleeping in it at all.

Just a warning: IT IS A TRUCK. Everyone who I asked about this made light of it and had I taken it seriously I might've gotten something else. It steers well but it has a very wide wheel base and I am constantly bumping into things. It's worse than pushing a double because the wide back base is not proportioned to the stroller, making it hard to get used to. It is not light, it's hard to bump up and down stairs and you will def need another stroller as well.

superjew

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:41 pm
Okay, I guess the child is just used to it if thats what they have since birth. But its so weird to me & even puts me in fear of weird spine shape after some time. I dont know. :/

So, vista users, convince me, is it really that worth it?!

Or other suggestions for carriages that would give me smooth steering & a flat recline (meaning not a v shape seat)?

superjew

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:42 pm
lamplighter wrote:
It does go flat but it's a bucket seat. My daughter has no problem sleeping in it at all.

Just a warning: IT IS A TRUCK. Everyone who I asked about this made light of it and had I taken it seriously I might've gotten something else. It steers well but it has a very wide wheel base and I am constantly bumping into things. It's worse than pushing a double because the wide back base is not proportioned to the stroller, making it hard to get used to. It is not light, it's hard to bump up and down stairs and you will def need another stroller as well.

Hmm.... So what other carriage would you get? Other suggestions in mind?

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:49 pm
Both my kids sleep more comfortable in the Vista carriage than my carriage that lays down flat. I would recommend this carriage to everyone. I love it.

(if you don't live on ground floor it might be pretty difficult to bump it up steps, but others might be difficult to, never tried them)

Peanut2

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:51 pm
I love the uppa.

The bucket seat makes it easier to recline when baby falls asleep, because pulling to flat (which is what I have on my umbrella stroller) moves their position and is more likely to wake them up. Reclining it this way keeps them sleepy or asleep.

The newer model sounds amazing, too. So jealous (since I have the 2011, but what was I to do, wait?)
It is big, but it really doesn't bother me too much. It depends on where you are and how you use it and if you mind or not. I prefer to have really good steering - which the uppa has - than something smaller that doesn't steer as well. Anything that has great steering and is reversible will be big. So this a bigger. Something smaller won't be small, just smaller.

The biggest issue with the uppa is that learning to fold it takes a while. It is not an easy fold. It is the BEST on everything else, especially canopy and storage, as well as how to recline and change things. And amazing steering.

graphixmom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:54 pm
I have to laugh about the spine idea.. the back part is straight, you dont have to worry about that. its just their feet that goes up a bit. my son is curled in it at the moment. he's 16 months old and still loves it. (the bugaboo) its like taking a kid that's sitting and in that position, you start laying them back, nothing happens to their back, it still stays straight.

graphixmom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 12:55 pm
I'm reading your requirements again for the stroller, have you thought about the bugaboo bee at all?

superjew

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 10:22 am
graphixmom wrote:
I'm reading your requirements again for the stroller, have you thought about the bugaboo bee at all?

Yeah, You're right about the spine LOL, I guess I mean it just looks so uncomfortable. Do you sleep in a chair on the floor , with your feet up? Question Its just weird.

The bee does fit more of my requirements, but I dont like the shape and I've heard there are issues with the wheels after some time.

How wide is the vista that people complain or even gave it up? What situation did you get stuck or bump into things? (I'm not much of a mall person so I'm trying to see if that issue pertains to me)

graphixmom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 11:11 pm
trust me its not uncomfy at all... both my kids always prefered to sleep in the bugaboo over they're comfy crib! mind boggling, huh?

goforit

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 12:21 am
op you are right, I switched from the bassinet 2 months ago and my ds can't sleep in it. he wants to jump out. but I must say he also doesn't like the maclarem but not as bad. the bassinet was great, I put him in and he was asleep.

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 12:24 am
I also think the v-shaped recline is weird and awkward looking, but the kid doesn't seem to mind, it's her favorite place to nap.

So that aside, it does seem to fit all your needs. (fold/unfold I wouldn't classify as "easy" per se. Not terrible but there are many better. But since that was dead LAST on your list, I guess you don't plan on doing that much)

However, as one or two have already mentioned, it's true that it is NOT light and QUITE bulky. I bump into doorways, never got used to those wheels being wider than the stroller so I miscalculate. It fits through all doorways that I've tried, just needs to be aimed/maneuvered right, and is sometimes a pain. Definitely not good in narrow grocery aisles. Not for travel. Not for buses.

MountainRose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 3:59 am
I find the fold on the Vista really easy, though it did take DH a while to learn. But it is by far my favorite - much easier to fold than anything but BabyJogger. The basket is literally the largest available (my entire shabbos shop fits in there!)and it steers one handed quite easily. The suspension is wonderful, which makes those buggy naps last much longer - incidentally, it also comes with a sunshade, which effectively gives DS a tent to sleep in.

It's also great for air travel because you can buy a relatively cheap travel bag, which you just pop the buggy into at the gate, and it is then insured by Uppababy against everything but loss! (which is on the airline anyway). Another bonus (which you may not be considering yet) is the Rumble seat. If and when you want to push around two children, there is a cheap add-on second seat, turning it into a double.

It is wide, but I've only had a problem with this in little corner shops, never in a proper supermarket. If you live off the ground floor it will be annoying, but all strollers will. If you're looking for a lighter alternative, check out the Cruz.

Best of all, Uppababy's customer service is phenomenal! I called in a broken screw and got a replacement pack the next day! They were very nice about it and talked me through how to put things back together on the phone.

I had friends who thought the Uppababy was too big and went for something smaller like the Bugaboo, iCandy, Stokke, and (of course) MacLaren, but they all want to push my buggy instead because it's so easy. I can't recommend the Uppababy Vista highly enough!

RachelKaplan

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 9:07 pm
The Baby's Den in Flatbush has a black friday sale on the Vista for $599.

From what I know, the 2012 and 2013 models are the same but they are allowed to run sales during black friday.

http://www.babysden.com/index.......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics