Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Possible seizures, loss of head control at night, any1 else?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Your child is 1 1/2... Typical age for vaccinations...do you recall if the seizures started soon after being vaccinated, because apparently there are children who get seizure disorders a s part of a vaccine injury. Not saying this happened, but I would consider it.

which vaccines would cause s/th like that?

the first (well, second, but the first in this series) time it happened, was the night after a vaccine, but they dont think it was caused by the vaccines

How old was your son at the time of the seizure which followed vaccinations? I had a similar story...

amother

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 2:39 pm
thanks new amother. It kind of sounds like my son, but the first time it happened to him was at about 6 months and not related to shots. the second time was at a year and the night of shots. they dont want to medicate him because he is doing so well and so adorable and looks so healthy. (I would post a picture, but not blowing my cover). He is bH walking now at 18 months and is totally interacting and smart, kah.

the whole parsha is so scary and not knowing is even scarier. I really thought maybe he was outgrowing it...

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:42 pm
Quote:
Posted: Mon, Nov 26 2012, 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: re: Possible seizures, loss of head control at night, an
amother wrote:
Quote:
Your child is 1 1/2... Typical age for vaccinations...do you recall if the seizures started soon after being vaccinated, because apparently there are children who get seizure disorders a s part of a vaccine injury. Not saying this happened, but I would consider it.

which vaccines would cause s/th like that?

the first (well, second, but the first in this series) time it happened, was the night after a vaccine, but they dont think it was caused by the vaccines

How old was your son at the time of the seizure which followed vaccinations? I had a similar story...

Like 3 days after his first birthday. how old was your son? and which vaccines. when I asked in the ER the next morning, they said "well, in an easy answer, no." but that was after hemming and hawing. I am going to ask the neurologist when we go to her

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:54 pm
My son was 7 weeks old - I forgot which shots he had then. My Dr. told me it is not related to the vaccine, but I have trouble believing that. Also, he did not have fever. Sometimes, shots cause fever which can trigger a seizure, but that was not the case with my son.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics