Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can you use diaper rash cream for rash in folds of neck?

wife2

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 10:29 am
my baby has a lot of rolls of fat on her body, especially her neck. it is very red and sore there - it hurts her when I try to clean her neck. does anyone know if you can use diaper rash cream for a neck or if you need a special cream that is specifically for other rashes? it looks the same as a diaper rash but I do not know what to do.

neverbored

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 10:39 am
wife2 wrote:
my baby has a lot of rolls of fat on her body, especially her neck. it is very red and sore there - it hurts her when I try to clean her neck. does anyone know if you can use diaper rash cream for a neck or if you need a special cream that is specifically for other rashes? it looks the same as a diaper rash but I do not know what to do.

When bathing her, pour a little baby wash next to her neck and use your hand to clean her neck. The baby wash helps your hand slide through. after the bath pour some cornstarch based powder on her neck. Cover her mouth and nose while applying so she wouldnt aspirate it. Works perfectly on my baby who also has many rolls of fat.

friendsrus

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 11:19 am
this rash comes from moisture. put baby powder to clear it up, and always make sure you wipe all the folds completely after a bath.

gumby

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 12:05 pm
I use aquaphor and it works after one application.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics