Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mivtzoyim!

Tefila

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 3:29 pm
What is it, and why? 8)

daisylover

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 5:46 pm
are you asking "what is mivtzoyim? and why is it done?"

Tefila

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 6:54 pm
Chasidista well yes, I have some clue but do u or someone want to fill me/us in or add? 8)

miriam

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 8:59 pm
I think mivtzoyim is going out to the streets or areas where there are all different types of Jews and spreading the word. It is an opprtunity to pass put Shabbos candles, men to put on Tefilin, etc. It can be a wonderful connection if the person doing it is doing it right.

Tefila

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 6:46 am
Quote:
It can be a wonderful connection if the person doing it is doing it right.

Thats one of the ways my father got hooked, was watching a tank full of guys do this to someone.!

daisylover

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 10:39 am
sure, I would love to help.

I am not sure of your background and your familiar-ality with lubavitch, so I am assuming that you are not familiar.

in the 1970's and 80's the lubavitcher Rebbe announced different campaigns (mivtzoim) that we are to spread through out the world. he spread mivtza tefilin, that we should go to the street and get men adn boys to put on teffilin. we should go to teh street, grocery stores and get ladies and girls to light shabbos candles. there are many mivtzoim - tzedaka, ahavas yisroel, filling your house with seforim, writing a letter in a sefer torah, .... different important mitzvos that when one is done, it affects the whole world.

some non lubavitchers mock us for this, but in reality this is an amazing thing that now a days you see many people oding it. of course not in the name of the lubavitcher rebbe, but....

Tefila

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 10:43 am
Quote:
I am not sure of your background and your familiar-ality with lubavitch, so I am assuming that you are not familiar

I know by the way I phrased the question it may seem so Smile ,But I love feedback, and didn't want to be the only one giving it. Tongue Out Besides it's good to know how many posters truly know what it is all about Wink

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 10:43 am
how do you spell that word in hebrew (or is it yiddish)? I can't figure out how to pronounce it from the way you're writing it in Enlish. And since I'm not lubav. I've never heard the word- but I have seen the concept being done, and I think it's pretty cool. 8)

gryp

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 10:49 am
mivtza'im- mem vais tzaddik ayin yud mem

mivtzah and mitzvah can be very confusing... ie. you go on mivtza'im on a mitzvah tank... (well not always)

Motek

Post Fri, May 27 2005, 10:41 am
the word "Mivtza" means "campaign"

the 10 Original Mivtzaim:

1) Ahavas Yisrael
2) Chinuch
3) Torah study
4) Tefillin
5) Mezuza
6) Tzedaka
7) House full of Jewish books
8 ) Shabbos and Yom Tov candles
9) Kashrus
10) Family Purity

other Campaigns:

1) spreading the teachings of Chassidus
2) fighting on behalf of shleimus ha'aretz
3) fighting to amend the law of Mihu Yehudi
4) printing Tanyas (by now there are 5000+ editions printed all over the world)
5) promoting the Seven Noahide laws to gentiles
6) learn daily Rambam
7) "asei lecha rav" - appoint a mashpia
8 ) observing birthdays
9) buying a letter in a Sefer Torah
10) Tzivos Hashem

and above all else - the Rebbe says the "ONLY AVODA" now is to prepare yourself and the world to greet Moshiach

gryp

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 10:52 am
heres a link that extensively explains one of the Mivtzoyim- buying a letter in the Sefer Torah

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....22eae

Motek

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 3:06 pm
[quote="0613"]how do you spell that word in hebrew (or is it yiddish)? ]/quote]

it's Hebrew

two more:

11) Lag B'Omer parades
12) Chitas

daisylover

Post Sat, Jun 04 2005, 8:03 pm
[/quote]
two more:

11) Lag B'Omer parades
12) Chitas[/quote]

I think, but am not sure, that lag b'omer parades is not considered one of the mivtzoim, neither chitas, it is just one of the things that the Rebbe strongly urged us to do. correct me if I am wrong.

there are famous posters around that only have 11 of them, but there may be more. like you said!

Motek

Post Sun, Jun 05 2005, 5:50 am
you're right, which is why I included them in "Other Campaigns" not the original 10

13) urging everybody, babies on up, to hear the 10 Commandments

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:37 pm
SO have you participated in any mivtzoyim recently?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics